Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and expectations

Hello, and welcome to the forums at the Nautilus Drydocks, formerly Sub-driver.com!

We welcome anyone with a passion for submarines and a desire to learn and share knowledge about this fascinating hobby. Use of these forums indicates your intention to abide by our code of conduct:


1. No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.

2. Please post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.

3. Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after or without a warning.

4. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.

5. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.

6. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
See more
See less

Custom Dry Transfers- coming soon!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Custom Dry Transfers- coming soon!

    Thanks to the efforts of my new right hand man, Jason, we now have a procedure for making in-house dry transfers!

    While I don't know if I am yet at the point to start taking orders, I'd love to see any artwork for your boats that you need. I'd be willing to have a go at bringing them into fruition at no cost to the first few people that reach out, just to ensure we have the capabilities locked down.

    I'm also thinking that "standard" dry transfers for DSRV markings, depth markings, hull numbers, etc would be a good idea in standard scales such as 1/72, 1/96 and 1/48. If anyone would like to join forces to bring such a product into fruition, I'd love to work together to make it happen!


    Bob

  • #2
    What kind of files do you require for your printer? And you would just need a basic outline, etc? I'd certainly be interested in 1/72 dsrv and waterline markings, and probablly other stuff.
    "It does not take so many words to speak the truth" Chief Joseph

    Comment


    • #3
      Awesome Sauce!

      Try this! I was going to use the other place you had recommended, but in house one stop-shopping is better!!

      The following is the size I believe s/b good for the Teskey PROTEUS , as the dimensions are not recorded anywhere I've seen, so I guesstimated it by eye.

      Close enough for Government work as my Chief used to say!

      Overall length of "EXP. OCEANOGRAPHIC" should be scaled to 2.50" or 64mm in "mERRImAN" units. (duck!!)

      Click image for larger version  Name:	U91035_Decals_Dim.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	141771

      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43704.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	141773


      "Sub" Ed
      Last edited by QuarterMaster; 07-17-2020, 10:43 AM.
      v/r "Sub" Ed

      Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

      Comment


      • #4
        Ed,

        The "Propulsion Intake" section is roughly to scale with the "USN" section? Both around 2.5" wide?

        Comment


        • #5
          Actually Bob, as depicted, slightly larger.

          If the USN section is scale to 2.5" everything would scale accordingly.

          Ed
          v/r "Sub" Ed

          Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
          NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
          USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by QuarterMaster View Post
            Actually Bob, as depicted, slightly larger.

            If the USN section is scale to 2.5" everything would scale accordingly.

            Ed
            Ed, you know anyone that has RC’d the Moebius Proteus?
            Casey

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by QuarterMaster View Post
              Awesome Sauce!

              Try this! I was going to use the other place you had recommended, but in house one stop-shopping is better!!

              The following is the size I believe s/b good for the Teskey PROTEUS , as the dimensions are not recorded anywhere I've seen, so I guesstimated it by eye.

              Close enough for Government work as my Chief used to say!

              Overall length of "EXP. OCEANOGRAPHIC" should be scaled to 2.50" or 64mm in "mERRImAN" units. (duck!!)

              Click image for larger version Name:	U91035_Decals_Dim.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	141771

              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43704.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	141773


              "Sub" Ed
              Ed,


              Not sure where my brain was when I saw your inquiry, but as you've got black text on a white hull, why not just print clear decals? You can do that at home with home decal kits. I could do that for you, too, if you'd like.

              Bob

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SubHuman View Post

                Ed,


                Not sure where my brain was when I saw your inquiry, but as you've got black text on a white hull, why not just print clear decals? You can do that at home with home decal kits. I could do that for you, too, if you'd like.

                Bob
                Don't have a color printer for the red w/white lettering, so please do, Paypal an invoice.
                v/r "Sub" Ed

                Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Das Boot View Post

                  Ed, you know anyone that has RC’d the Moebius Proteus?
                  Casey
                  Not at this time Casey.

                  I'm actually looking at the model itself right now. Shouldn't be an issue as a dynamic diver w/today's electronics.
                  v/r "Sub" Ed

                  Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                  NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                  USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm on it, Ed!
                    Just the two copies (sides)?

                    Bob

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes Bob,

                      That one photo cover Port AND Starboard.

                      One and a backup would be great!

                      Thanks!!
                      v/r "Sub" Ed

                      Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X