• Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

FUTABA PK-FSM 75mhz MODULE FITS WFLY 8 Channel

Click image for larger version

Name:	m_pk-fsm_s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	102159

The Futaba PK-FSM module can be purchased from TAMIYA MODEL for $67.45. It's great advantage is that the crystal frequency can be changed without removing the module from the radio, unlike the Hitec module.
    Last edited by Kazzer; 01-14-2013, 07:34 AM.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

Hello Mike

Please help me understand this. If I was to buy your WFLY 8 channel Transmitter and this Futaba PK-FSM 75mhz module. Could the radio combo then be able to control my Futaba FPR127DF 75mhz FM Dual Conversion Receivers that I have on a few different channels?

Also to use in a SMALL WTC this radio could be switched over so that I could use your SMALL brand of receivers on it by myself, how would that be done?

Thanks Mike.

George

Comment

• KevinMc
      Commander
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by george
      If I was to buy your WFLY 8 channel Transmitter and this Futaba PK-FSM 75mhz module. Could the radio combo then be able to control my Futaba FPR127DF 75mhz FM Dual Conversion Receivers that I have on a few different channels?
      Yes - This combination will work with any negative shift receiver (including Futaba, HiTec, and Sombra Labs to name a few) and in my experience is more flexible than the venerable Polks Tracker III.

Originally posted by george
      Also to use in a SMALL WTC this radio could be switched over so that I could use your SMALL brand of receivers on it by myself, how would that be done?
      You just set the dials on the back of the module for what ever channel you want, load up the appropriate model from the model memory in the radio and you're set to sail.
      Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
      KMc Designs

Comment

• george
        Captain
        • Dec 2010

Hi Kevin

George from Hamilton Mountain. Thank You for explaining the radio for me. Now I know what radio to plan for to clear up my radio mess. I have a fair amount of Futaba FPR127DF 75Mhz FM Dual Conversion Receivers and this radio will control them without any problems.

Great to know.

George

Comment

• PhilC
          Ensign
          • Feb 2017

I understand that I came to this party very, very late, but is this transmitter and Futaba 75 MHz module still available?

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Only second hand. Futaba does not make this anymore for our frequency.
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• PhilC
              Ensign
              • Feb 2017

Thank you. How about the transmitter, ebay also??

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by PhilC
                Thank you. How about the transmitter, ebay also??
                Yeah, today that's about your only recourse. But, there may be hope in the wings .... there's the possibility that Bob may be able to secure some r/c systems that are submarine friendly. Nothing for sure yet, and the deal is still in the works. But, the problem of unavailability is being worked on. Stand by.

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                  Welcome to my underwater realm!
                  • Aug 2009

I have a bead on a decent-sized a lot of four, six, and nine channel Futaba radios. Still working out the details, but if you are in immediate need, let me know and I'll get it figured out for you. Brand new and still in the box.

Bob

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SubHuman
                    I have a bead on a decent-sized a lot of four, six, and nine channel Futaba radios. Still working out the details, but if you are in immediate need, let me know and I'll get it figured out for you. Brand new and still in the box.

Bob
                    Sign me UP!!!!!

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• PhilC
                      Ensign
                      • Feb 2017

Thank you all for your responses!! I am not in immediate need as I have a couple of Futaba 75MHz 4 channel sets. My current project is a dynamic diver, so I am good for now. BUT I do want to build a model with more features and will be in the market for at least a 6 channel, but I am drooling over the concept of a 9 channel set!! :)

I also recently realized that the receivers that came with my 4 channel transmitters are actually 7 channel receivers. So perhaps if I can find the right transmitter I can more fully utilize my existing gear?
                      Last edited by PhilC; 02-24-2017, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...