Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tifosi12
    Commander
    • Jul 2020

Some great news. All the best for a speedy recovery!

Comment

• BWRIGHT
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Aug 2020

Speedy recovery

Comment

• RCSubGuy
        Welcome to my underwater realm!
        • Aug 2009

Bob is back! (Most of him, anyway!)

Back from the hospital yesterday. I still have two wound drains coming out of my abdomen, but those are the only two holes left that aren’t supposed to be there. Doctor took out a golf ball sized core of muscle tissue from my lower right belly. Test are confident that they got everything. Reconstructive surgeon extended my oblique muscles and allowed the two sides of the hole to be stitched together. Then they put a reinforcement mesh behind it all and stitched it all up.

Feeling a bit abused, but good overall. Follow up appts early next week and hopefully a flight home the following weekend.

Slowly wading through emails, but have committed to doctors (and more importantly my wife) that I won’t step foot in the shop until early August. In the meantime, Jason has been reorganizing the shop to take advantage of our extended space that has AC. Looking forward to seeing what he’s accomplished while I was away.

Thanks to all for the well wishes. They are very much appreciated.

Bob

Comment

• biggsgolf
          Captain
          • Jan 2020

Great update Bob, hang in there, and as always listen to Renee!

Comment

• rwtdiver
            Vice Admiral
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by SubHuman
            Bob is back! (Most of him, anyway!)

Back from the hospital yesterday. I still have two wound drains coming out of my abdomen, but those are the only two holes left that aren’t supposed to be there. Doctor took out a golf ball sized core of muscle tissue from my lower right belly. Test are confident that they got everything. Reconstructive surgeon extended my oblique muscles and allowed the two sides of the hole to be stitched together. Then they put a reinforcement mesh behind it all and stitched it all up.

Feeling a bit abused, but good overall. Follow up appts early next week and hopefully a flight home the following weekend.

Slowly wading through emails, but have committed to doctors (and more importantly my wife) that I won’t step foot in the shop until early August. In the meantime, Jason has been reorganizing the shop to take advantage of our extended space that has AC. Looking forward to seeing what he’s accomplished while I was away.

Thanks to all for the well wishes. They are very much appreciated.

Bob
            Good to hear you are doing well Bob! Take care, stay down and get the rest you need!

Rob
            "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• Schmitty1944
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Mar 2021

Thanks Bob and Renee for the updates. Glad to hear you are doing well. looking forward to having you back in action.

Jason

Comment

Working...