Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

72/75 MHZ going out of business? Nah!

There seems to be a lot of hoo-ha on various forums regarding these frequencies being phased out by the major radio manufacturers.

I've had discussions with my supplier and it looks like there is a limitless supply of radios in our submarine frequencies.

Now if you'd like to stock up with a bunch of radios, be my guest, but I don't see US having a problem for years to come.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

What about 40 MHZ 36 MHZ - used by UK and Australia?
    J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
      What about 40 MHZ 36 MHZ - used by UK and Australia?
      J

Oh! Yea! Them too - I've got 'em! Roll up! Roll up! Get your radios here!

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

yeah I know you have got them - but the dope we have here from importers is that 40MHZ and 36MHZ will be a thing of the past soon. So what is your supplier saying about non US freqs?
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

yeah I know you have got them - but the dope we have here from importers is that 40MHZ and 36MHZ will be a thing of the past soon. So what is your supplier saying about non US freqs?
          Available for the foreseeable future!

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

It's the big three companies in the R/C business who are phasing out the lower frequency equipment- Futaba, Hitec, JR.

Walk into any model shop now, and try and purchase a 40 or 35mhz set- they're just not stocking them now. Understandable, 2.4ghz is a much better bet for any other type of machine other than a submarine- no crystals, compact aerial, high rejection of interference, use it on what you like- aeroplane, car, boat etc. etc.

So will you be able to get this stuff in the future? Yes I think so, but it will have a different label on it, and you will have to go to specific suppliers.

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
              So will you be able to get this stuff in the future? Yes I think so, but it will have a different label on it, and you will have to go to specific suppliers.
              Yes, you will, and our door is open and the 75/40mhz shingle is hung outside!

Comment

• Slats
                Vice Admiral
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer
                Yes, you will, and our door is open and the 75/40mhz shingle is hung outside!
                Mike, I am wondering can you get other Frequencies?
                For those in Australia (and perhaps Uk) 40/41mhz I note seems to be now the default option for Radios via Robbe Futaba's excellent F16C and Graupner Radios, problem being I can see 40 getting full fast - meanwhile 36Mhz here and in the UK is still legal and somewhat underutilised (in Australia) yet we can't buy sets anymore on 36mhz.
                J
                John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
                  • Aug 2008

35/36 mhz?

No problem. How many do you need? :-)

Comment

• Slats
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer
                    35/36 mhz?

No problem. How many do you need? :-)
                    Its not how many I need, its whether or not you can get them. (At the moment I am fine). Sounds like you can and if so if you can advertise their specs and prices and I can pass that on to the guys. Another key consideration will be can you get Sombra Labs type RXs with them? Also, are these computer radios and how many channels? How much?
                    Thanks
                    John
                    John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
                      • Aug 2008

Its not how many I need, its whether or not you can get them.....................

John
                      It is actually. I don't buy these individually, but by the dozen and if only one or two are needed, then it won't happen as I don't want the dead stock.

As for the specs, look at the 6 & 8 ch radios I already have, its the same specs except for the crystals etc. http://www.caswellplating.com/models/transmitter.html

Sombra Labs have --
                      SL-8 EURO Version (Spring 2008)

No crystals, no glitches!. A low cost synthesized ultra-light, ultra-small 8-channel receiver with advanced DSP signal detection, noise control and glitch suppression algorithms. This is a fully programmable Rx that will offer many advanced features will now be available on European frequencies 35/36/40/41 MHz.

Attached Files

Comment

• Slats
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Aug 2008

Looks good Mike, I'll let the guys know.
                        How much apx?
                        Also are there any problems with these Crystal free radios? Are they use PPM?
                        Thanks
                        J
                        John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Aug 2008

hold on - something I don't understand...

If the Sombra Labs is just a RX and this is Synthesised (that is no crystal), how does that work with the 8 Ch WFly that has a Crystal?

Sorry but I thought you needed a Synthesised TX to work with a Synthesised RX????

Also for the 8 Channel radio, for the non stick channels (5 through 8), what are the TX controls (dials, 3 pos switches 2 pos switches)?

Thanks

J
                          Last edited by Slats; 06-19-2011, 09:47 PM.
                          John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Anuci
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2008

POI, I onced used a Novak Synthesized 5 channel receiver with a Hitec Laser 6 radio which is a crystal based radio, and found that particular receiver worked just fine, actually it eliminated some servo glitching I had been experiencing at the time using a different receiver. Unlike a brushless ESC needing to be matched to a brushless motor. :biggrin:
                            Last edited by Anuci; 06-20-2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• tsenecal
                              Lieutenant
                              • Dec 2009

hold on - something I don't understand...

If the Sombra Labs is just a RX and this is Synthesised (that is no crystal), how does that work with the 8 Ch WFly that has a Crystal?

Sorry but I thought you needed a Synthesised TX to work with a Synthesised RX????

J

John, the synthesizer replaces the crystal, and allows you to "synthesize" what ever frequency/channel you want. It isn't anything "special" between the two devices. However, the sombra labs RX in this case would be limited to "synthesizing" whatever frequency the crystal for the TX is.
                              Last edited by tsenecal; 06-20-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Working...