Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tsenecal
    Lieutenant
    • Dec 2009

i just remembered this from an rcgroups thread a while ago.

contact these guys AFTER you get your hands on a 40mhz wfly, and see if they can get you a 36mhz set of crystals:

according to the rcgroups thread, if the crystal is made, they have it, i just don't know how in the hell to navigate their website, or what TYPE of part i am looking for.

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
      Its not how many I need, its whether or not you can get them. (At the moment I am fine).

Brad and others from Aus following this thread, Mike has stated he can get 36MHZ, I guess we just need to work out who is serious about buying this gear, and maybe get someone to bite the bullet, buy it and test it out.
      Its a great discussion nonetheless but I am conscious of 2 things - 1 not stuffing Mike around, -2 establishing a regular 36MHZ supplier of what we need.

At the moment as I said at the outset at the moment I am fine. I run the FC16 on 40MHZ for three subs. I can probably see myself getting a 36MHZ WFLY in the next quarter but not before.

Best

J
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
      Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Bradv
        Ensign
        • Jun 2011

I've been getting all keen on these WFLY8's recently, but at the boat club today I was given the opportunity for some locally-built 36MHz PSA gear. As I'm a big fan of PSA transmitters due to the one I already own, I'll stick with this option instead I think.
        Last edited by Bradv; 07-03-2011, 10:55 PM.
        Brad
        Triple "S" Model Boat Group - http://triple-s.org.au

Comment

• oztruck
          Commander
          • May 2010

Is 40MHz legal in Australia?

Comment

• Slats
            Vice Admiral
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by oztruck
            Is 40MHz legal in Australia?
            Yep
            certainly is.
            John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

You guys don't have anywhere near the number of frequency slots for 40mhz that we do (34 for us I believe). So I guess that's why you get the 36mhz too.

Comment

• oztruck
                Commander
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Bradv
                I've been getting all keen on these WFLY8's recently, but at the boat club today I was given the opportunity for some locally-built 36MHz PSA gear. As I'm a big fan of PSA transmitters due to the one I already own, I'll stick with this option instead I think.
                Tell me more

Or where can I find some information on them

Comment

• Slats
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by oztruck
                  Tell me more

Or where can I find some information on them
                  You can't buy PSA anymore. The guy behind this custom made RC Radio business died a few years back.
                  So whilst Brad is lucky enough to stumble across a rare find, the question remains we STILL will need here in Australia a 36MHZ radio supplier. As stated I'll probably jump in to getting a WFLY after I assess my fleet's future needs next quarter.

Mike has a good product at a good price and unlike most suppliers understands the needs of RC subs.

I think a good starting point for anybody in Australia wanting a 36MHZ radio would be to order the WFLY on 36MHZ, order when you buy it few extra TX crystals - the radio is compatible with Futaba and JR RXs, so buy a few extra RX crystals for these if you use these RXs.

Best
                  John
                  Last edited by Slats; 07-05-2011, 08:11 PM.
                  John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
                    • Aug 2008

WFLY guys say ----

For the FT06-A/C,we have 35MHz/40MHz/72MHz for option.The frequency dots are as below.

35.080/110/120/150/180/820/840MHz
                    40.100/200/665/675/685/695/715/735/775/790/810/830MHz
                    72.130/170/210/310/350/430/490/550/570/750/790/830/870MHz

Those all for Rx,DRx,Tx+Rx,Tx+DRx.
                    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Slats
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer
                      WFLY guys say ----

For the FT06-A/C,we have 35MHz/40MHz/72MHz for option.The frequency dots are as below.

35.080/110/120/150/180/820/840MHz
                      40.100/200/665/675/685/695/715/735/775/790/810/830MHz
                      72.130/170/210/310/350/430/490/550/570/750/790/830/870MHz

Those all for Rx,DRx,Tx+Rx,Tx+DRx.
                      What about the 8 Ch WFLY? Any 36MHZ avaliable?
                      Thanks
                      J
                      John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
                        What about the 8 Ch WFLY? Any 36MHZ avaliable?
                        Thanks
                        J
                        Mike did you every get any info on the 8 Ch WFLY available frequencies on 36MHZ?
                        John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• vital.spark
                          Commander
                          • May 2010

Could someone post a list of which Synthasized Transmitter Modules in 72mhz and 75mhz can be used in our WFLY FT08 Transmitters? I believe both some Hitec and Futaba Modules can be used but which ones? Is there any others?

Is there any problem using the Synthasized Transmitter Modules with Synthasized Receivers?

Comment

• cliffhanger67
                            Lieutenant
                            • Oct 2013

What frequency will be most effective for our submarines? I was told the lower the better. If so then 20s to 30s would work best?
                            Sir Kazzer, how do I get a set of crystals 35/36 from you? Would this work much better than my 72/75? I play mostly on swimming pools. the chlorine interferes with the radio signal.

Comment

• trout
                              Admiral
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by cliffhanger67
                              What frequency will be most effective for our submarines?
                              The obnoxious answer is, the one that works. But we are limited by legal restrictions too.
                              I was told the lower the better. If so then 20s to 30s would work best?
                              I have heard that as well, but it is not just frequency at play.
                              Sir Kazzer, how do I get a set of crystals 35/36 from you? Would this work much better than my 72/75?
                              I doubt Mr. Caswell would carry them. Why would he since it is not legal in the U.S. of A

I play mostly on swimming pools. the chlorine interferes with the radio signal.
                              Pools are a harsh environment when chlorine is added. It is better than sea water, but no frequency we use will penetrate if the dissolved salts are high enough. I had run in a pool at a hotel in So. Cal, a foot under water and signal was lost. I also ran in pools were 8' is no problem (with signal).
                              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                                Commander
                                • Nov 2013

Well, somebody better tell EBay that nobody can find 75 MHZ radios anymore. Over the past year Ive been able to buy about 10- 8 channel NOVAK receivers and 3 complete, new in the box 8 channel 75mhz Futabla, and 2 complete Polk units, again never used. While a majority of manufacturers may no longer make them, there are tons of units floating around. As well, Futaba will still happily take MOST units in, and retune them to 75 for you.
                                SO THERE ARE STILL PLENTY OF OPTIONS
                                PS: Ill be selling a complete Polk package sometime soon, or trading for something interesting.
                                A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!

Comment

Working...