Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wbnemo1
    Ensign
    • May 2011

If you look on the outside border of the Seaspeeder,you will see the bioskin webbing pattern and its coloring. Bob, this was a detail I just recently noticed, could help with painting. It may also have dramatic lighting applied for underwater effect
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wbnemo1; 03-28-2017, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• Wbnemo1
      Ensign
      • May 2011

This is a cgi rendering of ilthe dsv, this the colors I always thought were accurate
      Attached Files

Comment

• Wbnemo1
        Ensign
        • May 2011

This may help as well. It shows more of the colors envolved and lighting effects too...note, the dsrv targets are dimly lit as well
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Wbnemo1; 03-28-2017, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Wbnemo1
          Ooo sweet!Dave, I'm glad you got one of these...you're gonna rc it???...where's your build blog, I'll be glued to it....lol. gonna paint it too??? I'll try and help a bit...model was scanned off my series maquette, so shape is dead bolts accurate...we had to do a ton of research on all the details and such to finish up the master set of parts...can't wait to see how you do on this...
          Will
          I have a lot of production and development work ahead of the SEAQUEST vehicle, but I will get to it -- a real challenge to get this beast working credibly in the water. Knowing you were involved in the development of this kit put it over the top in my book, Will ... you're a detail nut of the First Order. And when I get to it I'll be sure to camp out at your door for finishing dope.

Check my reasoning here, Will: I'm going to clobber the bioskin at the seams were I work them with abrasives and fillers. I was thinking of pulling a thin, rubber 'texture pad' off the model and use that to impress (re-establish) the bioskin texture at areas rendered smooth by such work. Make sense?

David
          Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 03-28-2017, 07:55 AM.
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
            Welcome to my underwater realm!
            • Aug 2009

Or... I could just send you a bit of the vinyl that we used to create the webbing in the first place... ;)

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SubHuman
              Or... I could just send you a bit of the vinyl that we used to create the webbing in the first place... ;)
              Perfect, Boss. Send me a slab with my next order. I'll see how it stands up to Bondo and laminating resin. If not, I'll pull an RTV rubber texture pad off the surviving material.

Leave me alone!! .... or I'll never finish these SD's.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Wbnemo1
                Ensign
                • May 2011

I'm thinking I'm going to use the ole' sandpaper-less technique I employed for the 50th Nautilus boat masters, using laquer thinner (or nail polish remover) nitrostan or other glazing media, a rag, and a brush to get seaming done without removing detail, basically, no sanding required

Comment

• Rick Teskey
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Jan 2009

One steerable eyeball in the crotch and use tenticul as a speed brake or 4 small bilge pumps with a flexible tube too each tentcul for a longer moment arm

Comment

• Vaportrail
                    Ensign
                    • Jun 2018

Well, it's taken a lot of patience getting through some major life events, but I'm finally ready to order my own SeaQuest!

My question is that I've watched the how-to video on YouTube a few times, and it mentions that there's a sheet of the bio-skin pattern available to order, but I don't see it listed anywhere on the Nautilus Drydocks store. Is there a link to this somewhere?
                    And I hope some of those posters are still available! I'm one of the biggest Questies you'll ever meet and I am ready to go all in on this baby!

Comment

Working...