Scaleships Akula II

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HardRock
    replied
    I'm very glad to hear that the future of English cricket shows some promice, albeit a few years off. 27 wickets and season is only half over! Go kid. Hope to see the boat in the water soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    Appalling I was going with abysmal. My 12 year old son has got 27 wickets this season so far, 19 of which were bowled so I have something to be happy about. Akula is still there, I stroke it every now and again but too much happens during the summer months. Hopefully I can get hold of the subdriver soon although I am a little worried about import tax bumping the price up......
    Last edited by Peter W; 07-21-2015, 11:14 AM. Reason: I am an idiot

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    Mate. I appreciate that you are probably in shock due to the APPALLING performance of your cricket team, but, where is the Akula???

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    Slightly smaller head and a "lens" on the flattened front side. Looks better.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0843.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	98183

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    Great idea. Looking at it in close up; it seems a bit too bulbous at the tip. One slightly flattened side (with a bit of mylar film stuck on it) will look better, I think.

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    Fitted...


    Click image for larger version

Name:	Akula b 99999999999999.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	98181

    Peter

    P.S. Scott what are your thoughts on flattening one side of the top bit for the optics
    Last edited by Peter W; 04-05-2015, 01:00 PM. Reason: I am an idiot

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter W
    Today the postman delivered a little parcel from Australia, which is good as it gives me something to do tonight or tomorrow morning. Thank you very much Scott. Quick question, what colours did you paint the antenna and periscope ?

    Peter
    I'm glad that it arrived in one piece. The antenna is dark sea grey and the periscope head is matt midnight blue.

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    This the difference in Scott's rendition and what was provided in the kit...



    Click image for larger version

Name:	Akula b 999999999999991.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	98174

    I will let you decided which is right, I know which one my money is on...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	akula 99999999999999991.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	98175

    Peter

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    Today the postman delivered a little parcel from Australia, which is good as it gives me something to do tonight or tomorrow morning. Thank you very much Scott. Quick question, what colours did you paint the antenna and periscope ?

    Peter

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    They come in and out of stock. Quite sturdy as well and so much less hassle than this:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0825.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	98156Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0827.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	98157Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0826.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	98158Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0829.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	98159Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0830.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	98160Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0832.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	98161

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    Looks good Scott, listed as not available at the minute. Looks like an email to them is in order.

    Peter

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter W
    Harsh..................very Harsh .....................but fair. Congratulations though. The summer will be scary!

    On a more on topic point I have been gnawed a lot today, I'm going to have to remake the Rim Hat mast .......damn ....trip to the shops required.....damn.

    Peter
    There is another way! www.engel-modellbau.eu Item No 61020114 Eight Euros and Bob's your uncle.

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    Harsh..................very Harsh .....................but fair. Congratulations though. The summer will be scary!

    On a more on topic point I have been gnawed a lot today, I'm going to have to remake the Rim Hat mast .......damn ....trip to the shops required.....damn.

    Peter

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter W
    You don't have to remind me I know......They just haven't a clue.

    Peter
    World Cup! Just saying....

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter W
    Right had a bit of a setback last week, as I am off work with an injured knee I have found out that I am not going to be paid by my firm for the time off. Even though it was a worked based injury. Sigh. I was saving a bit a month to get the Skipjack SD for the Akula so I am having to hold off. Gutted.

    Anyway I have been off and have got some stuff done....

    Have fitted the SOKS to the sail...

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]30822[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]30823[/ATTACH]

    I have also done a bit to the top of the sail, periscopes, handrail and other small details. So I decided on a self indulgent shot of most of the stuff fitted...

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]30824[/ATTACH]

    This is just a, in current state, shot. Lots more to do. The Rim hat mast at the back was an attempt at a remake,the kit one came in many parts when it should have been 1 part. I am not the best in the world at soldering and I may yet find the gnawing, nagging feeling to re-remake it.

    When this boat finally gets wet and when sailing it will not boast all of the scopes at the same time a few smaller ones will be fitted and the bigger rest will be for display only.

    Peter
    Outstanding Peter.

    Leave a comment:

Working...