Scaleships Akula II

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • greenman407
    replied
    Looks Great to me. Sorry to hear that you work for a "SKUMBAG" employer..............like so many of the rest of us.

    Leave a comment:


  • profesorul
    replied
    PETER in my Humble Opinion Looks Absolutely Remarkable .
    Thank You for sharing with us .

    MARIUS

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    Right had a bit of a setback last week, as I am off work with an injured knee I have found out that I am not going to be paid by my firm for the time off. Even though it was a worked based injury. Sigh. I was saving a bit a month to get the Skipjack SD for the Akula so I am having to hold off. Gutted.

    Anyway I have been off and have got some stuff done....

    Have fitted the SOKS to the sail...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Akula b 99999999999996.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	98072 Click image for larger version

Name:	Akula b 99999999999995.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	98073

    I have also done a bit to the top of the sail, periscopes, handrail and other small details. So I decided on a self indulgent shot of most of the stuff fitted...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Akula b 99999999999998.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	98074

    This is just a, in current state, shot. Lots more to do. The Rim hat mast at the back was an attempt at a remake,the kit one came in many parts when it should have been 1 part. I am not the best in the world at soldering and I may yet find the gnawing, nagging feeling to re-remake it.

    When this boat finally gets wet and when sailing it will not boast all of the scopes at the same time a few smaller ones will be fitted and the bigger rest will be for display only.

    Peter

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter W
    Scott - Very, very nice ....thank you !

    Mr M - All you need is lathe !

    Peter
    Remarkable work there. I'm taking notes.

    M

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    Scott - Very, very nice ....thank you !

    Mr M - All you need is lathe !

    Peter

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    Here's your periscope!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000754.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	98041

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    (you two should get a room and start picking out furniature)

    M

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    You don't have to remind me I know......They just haven't a clue.

    Peter

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter W
    If you are sure ......Your lot did just thrash our lot at the World cup so I suppose only seems fair !

    Peter
    As an Officer (and a Gentleman) I could never stoop so low as to remind you how poorly you play Cricket!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    Most of the masts came with the kit. The long dark grey mast was made by Scott ( Hardrock) and is made using very, very thin telescopic brass tube. The light is also made by Scott but was made with the help of a lathe.


    Example of a kit mast ..... Snoop Pair

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Akula b 6.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	98035

    On the subject of masts .....I hate Rim Hat !

    If you are after masts for your Alfa, then follow Scott's excellent thread on his Alfa. He is currently in the process of refining his selection, one point though is that the masts are a bit different between an Akula and an Alfa based on the decades between them, for example I haven't seen an Alfa with Pert spring and the Rim Hat mast is different between them. The Alfa used the MRP-23 Snoop Head/Bald Head mast instead of the Snoop Pair on the Akula.

    Akula masts...


    Click image for larger version

Name:	akula 9999999999999999.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	98036

    Alfa masts....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	alfa 9997.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	98038 Click image for larger version

Name:	alfa 9994.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	98039

    Hope this helps.....Maybe ??

    Peter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Peter W; 03-25-2015, 03:25 PM. Reason: I am an idiot

    Leave a comment:


  • jenels4
    replied
    Is there like a model shop you can go to to get "detail" parts, such as those antennaes?

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    If you are sure ......Your lot did just thrash our lot at the World cup so I suppose only seems fair !

    Peter

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    Its about $6.00 in postage. I think I can stand the pain.

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W
    replied
    Scott,

    Look I am not going say no but I really have trespassed on you generosity enough surely?

    Peter

    Leave a comment:


  • HardRock
    replied
    I've got a 2mm version if you'd like it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...