1/72 Virginia Class USS South Dakota

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • trout
    Admiral

    • Jul 2011
    • 3745

    #46
    Looks really good in the wet! Tell me you have more photos?!
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

    Comment

    • Timothy L
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Sep 2024
      • 240

      #47
      Originally posted by trout
      Looks really good in the wet! Tell me you have more photos?!
      Thank you. Unfortunately no more pics from Groton - too busy operating!

      Comment

      • trout
        Admiral

        • Jul 2011
        • 3745

        #48
        I get that and completely understand. I am sorry I could not make it this year, so my sights are set for next year!
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

        Comment

        • Timothy L
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Sep 2024
          • 240

          #49
          Well actually I did have one more photo but it’s my 212A. I’m loving how rugged the 2K paint is on both these models. While I was there I got some more excellent tips from David M to improve my 2K spraying technique. I hope you can make it next year - it’s such a good event!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8275.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	197863

          Comment

          • Timothy L
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Sep 2024
            • 240

            #50
            This thread is turning into my own yammering about this and that rather than a build thread LOL. The Virginia is still waiting but I wound up in the hospital (on going nightmare) so can’t do anything at all until I get better.

            So why am I posting! Bored to death so may as well exercise my finger and share my new sub.

            My buddy has been on the lookout for me (he has the knack!) for a Thunder tiger and here’s my “new get better sub” - immaculate! Can’t wait to regain health! I don’t know how my buddy does it!
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2300.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	198045
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2302.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	198046 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2301.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	198044

            Comment

            • wlambing
              Commander

              • Nov 2020
              • 396

              #51
              Tim,

              a) Get better!
              b) check with the SubRon 8 folks in Rochester, NY. They have some knowledge of performance enhancements for those Yellow Beasts.
              Take care,

              Bill

              Comment

              • Timothy L
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Sep 2024
                • 240

                #52
                Originally posted by wlambing
                Tim,

                a) Get better!
                b) check with the SubRon 8 folks in Rochester, NY. They have some knowledge of performance enhancements for those Yellow Beasts.
                Take care,

                Bill
                Thank you Bill. I really appreciate that. My goal will be to keep the exterior pristine but modify the powertrain so that she operates underwater as quickly as my 212A. I want a Fat Ferrari! Could be a challenge considering that rotund profile! Anyone in particular I should reach out to at SubRon 8? Thank you again.
                Tim

                Comment

                Working...