Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

As some of you know I purchased the Dremel DIGILAB 3D 40 printer not to long ago. I was paying $23.00 for there PLA 1.75 filament at the time. Today I was about to order more white Dremel PLA from Amazon and just about lost it when I saw the price of $62.00 a roll now when you can get. The other colors are in the $36.00 to $42.00 a roll now.

Question! Are any of you using a Dremel PLA only printer and using a different filament other than Dremel? If so could you share what PLA manufacture you are using? And is it working out well for you? Thanks for sharing the information!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Sounds like Dremel are having you over.

Never paid more than a tenner (about twelve dollars) for a 1kg roll of 1.75mm PLA. I'm not fussy about brands, but prefer black or dark colours, i find they tend to print better for some reason.

I use an Ender printer BTW.

Comment

• Sinksalot
        Commander
        • Mar 2020

Just look on Youtube you will see people who have Dremel DIGILAB 3D 40 printers use a lot of different filaments in it. The main reason is the cost. The Dremel spools are only 1/2kg or 3/4kg spools. Most people like using the Hatchbox PLA, its about $25 for a 1 kg spool on Amazon, more filament then a Dremel spool. Just remember all filaments have a sweet spot for each printer they are used on. Just print a small print at the temp the filament box says and do another 5 degree above and 5 degree below to find the right temp. Just need to Mod the printer to use different brand of filaments as other people have said.

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

Thank you, Bob and sinksalot.

Some good advice. I did go to the YouTube and found a lot of people going to other brands as well on their Dremels.

Rob

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

I'm not Bob.

Andy

Comment

• rwtdiver
              Vice Admiral
              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Subculture
              I'm not Bob.

Andy
              Sorry Andy. I will get it right in the future!:-))

Rob
              Last edited by rwtdiver; 06-22-2022, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• TINFISH
                Lieutenant
                • Apr 2019

I have a Dremel Digilab D45. I found it very hard to find ECO-ABS and PETG filament in black that fits within the footprint of the D45. I ordered some PolyMaker being larger required I modify my pool holder.
                I 3d printed an extension to the original mount and made a holder from wood that sits just outside my machine.
                The Polymaker material prints great!!! except it doesn't want to stick to anything so the outside edges of the print rolls up. I tried the bed glue, blue printers tape but no joy. The only thing I can get to work in two sided golf grip tape. If anyone has any suggestions, Please Chime In.
                Cheers!
                Mike

Comment

• SubDude
                  Captain
                  • Dec 2019

Originally posted by TINFISH
                  I have a Dremel Digilab D45. I found it very hard to find ECO-ABS and PETG filament in black that fits within the footprint of the D45. I ordered some PolyMaker being larger required I modify my pool holder.
                  I 3d printed an extension to the original mount and made a holder from wood that sits just outside my machine.
                  The Polymaker material prints great!!! except it doesn't want to stick to anything so the outside edges of the print rolls up. I tried the bed glue, blue printers tape but no joy. The only thing I can get to work in two sided golf grip tape. If anyone has any suggestions, Please Chime In.
                  Cheers!
                  Mike
                  Mike, you ever determine what ambient you are running?

Comment

• TINFISH
                    Lieutenant
                    • Apr 2019

Steve,
                    No, I had to get some prints out so I ended up buying some more Digilab filament and am using it. I will get back to it at some point and let you know.
                    Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

• SubDude
                      Captain
                      • Dec 2019

Show us some pics of that Seehund some time. I want to see progress shots of it.

Steve

Comment

• biggsgolf
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2020

I use Hatchbox PLA, Black

Comment

• SubDude
                          Captain
                          • Dec 2019

Hatchbox is some good filament.

Comment