X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

Upcoming changes will be:
    1.a second LIPO battery in parallel which will provide 4400mah.(yes I know about parallel Lipos feeding on each other and being a bad thing-two diodes will prevent that runaway charging from happening)
    2.removal of the foam in the aft end and installation of a second ballast tank in series with the main tank to provide a more level dive angle.( I should be able to get an additional 8oz aft of the motor in the hull pressure dome.)-stay tuned-BG

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Bob Gato
      1.a second LIPO battery in parallel which will provide 4400mah.(yes I know about parallel Lipos feeding on each other and being a bad thing-two diodes will prevent that runaway charging from happening)
      2.removal of the foam in the aft end and installation of a second ballast tank in series with the main tank to provide a more level dive angle.( I should be able to get an additional 8oz aft of the motor in the hull pressure dome.)-stay tuned-BG
      Bob,

After looking at all your great photos of your Atlantis in and out of the water I would have thought you were done! But I forgot one thing, "YOU ARE A PERFECTIONEST SIR" Great job on the Atlantis Bob!!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

LOL Rob...thanks for the compliment but my wife just thinks I am crazy and obsessed ..

Comment

• Bob Gato
          Captain
          • Feb 2019

-stay tuned-BG
          The self contained parallel second battery with its fiberglass interference fit box, the paralleling connector with integral diodes, 433MHz switched on and off battery monitors:

Click image for larger version  Name:	PB160008.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	167148Click image for larger version  Name:	PB170001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.0 KB ID:	167147Click image for larger version  Name:	PB230031.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.6 KB ID:	167149

Click image for larger version  Name:	PB210002.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.9 KB ID:	167150Click image for larger version  Name:	PB230032.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.7 KB ID:	167151

The paralleling connector allows easy battery disconnect and removal for recharge...
          The foam half circles keeps the assy. straight in its container and allows the P.E.T. jar to easily screw into its lid without twisting the wires...
          That 433 MHz switch only draws .1 milliamp in standby (not a typo) 1/10000amp!-allows shutdown of Low Voltage alarms without opening the sub.

Last edited by Bob Gato; 11-27-2022, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• rwtdiver
            Vice Admiral
            • Feb 2019

Bob

Using that P.E.T. jar with a lid is a great idea! Very unique way to create a WTC for small control systems that can be installed outside the main cylinder.

Rob

Comment

• Bob Gato
              Captain
              • Feb 2019

Thanks Rob,

It was a little tough locating thick wall PET jars- as not to crush under the pressure of reasonable depths...I also located a supplier of stainless steel lids with removable platinum silicone rubber seals... LOL it's a beekeeping supply company upstate New York

-Bob

Comment

• Bob Gato
                Captain
                • Feb 2019

Latest upgrade is to swap the position of the ballast tank and the electronics bay-this should bring the center of float closer to the center of gravity. I am trying to dispense with much of the foam and lead- tub test will tell-BG

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA210033.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.8 KB ID:	168557 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1120005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.5 KB ID:	168558

Comment

• redboat219
                  Admiral
                  • Dec 2008

underneath the deck, is that what I think it is?

Click image for larger version Name:	PA210033.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.8 KB ID:	168557

Last edited by redboat219; 01-12-2023, 06:03 PM.
                  Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

Working...