Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JHapprich
    Captain
    • Oct 2017

Thank you! no, i wont print it, for i have no printer and besides, i am not sure if that model is suitable for printing because of all the tiny details and the holes in the body.
    Last edited by JHapprich; 08-02-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• JHapprich
      Captain
      • Oct 2017

some pictures of the 651. This was the first hi-res-model i made.good detail but doesn`t match the Echo I. Good start for an ECHO II though... Click image for larger version

Name:	651z.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	127077Click image for larger version

Name:	651m.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	127066Click image for larger version

Name:	651r.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	127072
      Attached Files

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	127125 Speaking of RPMtech, this started out as one of his series one Seehund hulls. Nothing left of it now, all repatterned- once i started tweaking this and tweaking that, it became clear the original kit was a little too stand-off scale for my tastes. Not the easiest boat to get right, as there were a lot of variations in the originals, and surviving examples have often been hacked about. Still a few details to add before pulling a tool from it. Seehunds are fun boats to drive, and this is a nice handy size at around 21.5".

Comment

• JHapprich
          Captain
          • Oct 2017

Echo II Model: Click image for larger version

Name:	675side.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	127131Click image for larger version

Name:	675.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	127132

Comment

• RCSubGuy
            Welcome to my underwater realm!
            • Aug 2009

That is gorgeous CAD work, JHapprich! If there is any way to get a watertight shell out of the files, that's all that's really needed to take a crack at printing it off.

Comment

• JHapprich
              Captain
              • Oct 2017

Hello David Merriman, concerning that foxtrot of yours, did you construct a pivot mechanism for her forward planes or are those fixed? Im thinking about making Mike's forward planes fully functional, but my usual arrangement comes with working planes in extracted position only. I thought about trying something new now, maybe a miniaturized Engel design with the RME module. Regards Jörg

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by JHapprich
                Hello David Merriman, concerning that foxtrot of yours, did you construct a pivot mechanism for her forward planes or are those fixed? Im thinking about making Mike's forward planes fully functional, but my usual arrangement comes with working planes in extracted position only. I thought about trying something new now, maybe a miniaturized Engel design with the RME module. Regards Jörg
                The FOXTROT bow planes are operable for dive angle, but are fixed in position and do not retract. Sorry.

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• JHapprich
                  Captain
                  • Oct 2017

I see. Am not decided yet, very little space afterall.depends on how small i can make it without compromising stability

Comment

• HardRock
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Mar 2013

Jörg. A small recommendation if I may. I've had a lot of dificulty getting the Engle RME module to adjust correctly andwork consistently. In the end I threw two of them out and purchased a Bow Plane Interlock module (https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/856fd...0f29fcaeb6.pdf) made by Kevin McLeod and sold by NautilusDryDocks.com. That BPI is perfect. It adjusts easily and accurately and has never failed. Perferct.

Comment

• JHapprich
                      Captain
                      • Oct 2017

I'll look into it.did you use that on your ZULU? Jörg

Comment

• HardRock
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Mar 2013

No; not enough room. I used it on the Oscar.

Comment

• Sam Victory
                          Commander
                          • Sep 2021

Originally posted by JHapprich
                          Thanks. I made two other models of comparable quality, pr.651 Juliet and pr.945 Sierra. I also made many other types but with less detail. I have 2 unfinished hq models, whiskey-class and yankee-class. Maybe useful for designing bulkheads and line drawings
                          Hello sir, I am going to make the Sierra I class submarine into 3D version, but I don't have the detailed section drawing, do you know where I can find the detailed plans?

V
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	捕获.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	160077

Comment

• JHapprich
                            Captain
                            • Oct 2017

Sorry, i do not have such sectional drawings.i used line drawings only

Comment

• gantu
                              Commander
                              • Apr 2009

X craft what type bob ? Your idea is great I thinking a long time to make a Database somehow but only for the members. Otherwise people come say hello take the files and never showed up again with results.
                              Regards Gantu

Comment

• Subculture
                                Admiral
                                • Feb 2009

It's the earlier type, like the ones that rearranged the underside of the Tirpitz.

I think crowdfunding can work if you're paying a 3d artist to produce a file which can be printed. The cost of artwork split evenly amongst those who want the file, assuming there's sufficient interest,

If you're talking about manually producing masters, tools, castings etc. it's fraught with difficulties I think. For a start the masters would have to be produced to a consistent standard, then there are the issues of various parties keeping up their end of the bargain, plus the logistics of shipping it all about..

Comment

Working...