X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewnimmo
    Commander
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    I have retrofitted conduit seals -- these permit quick break-down of the ballast tank section from the surrounding cylinder without breaking any glue unions. All friction fit through tightly fitting encapsulated O-rings.

Now I install the new, smaller gauge, wiring needed to make room for some devices that were just too mashed up inside these little cylinders.

David
    Very cool! That will be very helpful as i can see all the components that we need to be in there
    ... a computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me with kickboxing!!

Comment

• matthewnimmo
      Commander
      • Dec 2011

He Who Shall Not Be Named Hey David, thought id check in to see how this is going? Any more progress good sir?

thanks again,
      ... a computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me with kickboxing!!

Comment

• matthewnimmo
        Commander
        • Dec 2011

He Who Shall Not Be Named Hey David. I thought i would drop a line to see if you have anymore progress on this good sir

Comment

• matthewnimmo
          Commander
          • Dec 2011

Im probably sounding like a broken record; but ive waited two years so ill keep waiting. However if David is anything like me i need reminders that show up. Anyhow, i hope to hear something back soon!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by matthewnimmo
            Im probably sounding like a broken record; but ive waited two years so ill keep waiting. However if David is anything like me i need reminders that show up. Anyhow, i hope to hear something back soon!
            Yes, I need the occasional reminder to get off my butt and finish something. The little 1/72 Type-23 is one of those long suffering projects. I'm still enthusiastic about the project, but other business had injected itself of late. I hope to rejoin the Type-23 battle soon.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• matthewnimmo
              Commander
              • Dec 2011

Yes, I need the occasional reminder to get off my butt and finish something. The little 1/72 Type-23 is one of those long suffering projects. I'm still enthusiastic about the project, but other business had injected itself of late. I hope to rejoin the Type-23 battle soon.

David
              David

Just checking in to see if there is anymore progress? Been pretty excited about possibly getting this done for the summer, but not sure how your calendar is going

thanks again in advance!

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                Commander
                • Dec 2011

He Who Shall Not Be Named

David, i know you are super busy. May I suggest something? Instead of you taking time away from other works and other models probably more fun than this finger cramper small build. Perhaps i can take what you have and figure it out. I dont mind a challenge. If you are open to that then we can have Bob setup an invoice for all the parts and perhaps you can just give me a few pointers but then i can work with it?

thanks again in advance. Hope your fourth was fun!

Comment

• Aug 2008

He Who Shall Not Be Named

David, i know you are super busy. May I suggest something? Instead of you taking time away from other works and other models probably more fun than this finger cramper small build. Perhaps i can take what you have and figure it out. I dont mind a challenge. If you are open to that then we can have Bob setup an invoice for all the parts and perhaps you can just give me a few pointers but then i can work with it?

thanks again in advance. Hope your fourth was fun!
                  A most gracious offer and solution to this long delayed product delivery. I humbly accept your offer, sir.

But, let's do it this way:

No payment. You provide me your shipping address and I gather up all work to date, carefully box it up and send it to you. And be assured that as you wrestle this beast I'll always be available at this end to help with material and advice when needed. I hope you will chronicle your work at this thread.

Standing by, Matthew.

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                    Commander
                    • Dec 2011

A most gracious offer and solution to this long delayed product delivery. I humbly accept your offer, sir.

But, let's do it this way:

No payment. You provide me your shipping address and I gather up all work to date, carefully box it up and send it to you. And be assured that as you wrestle this beast I'll always be available at this end to help with material and advice when needed. I hope you will chronicle your work at this thread.

Standing by, Matthew.

David
                    Wow! Thank you so much!

my address is the following

Matthew Nimmo
                    111 Brian Trail
                    Arnold, MO 63010

Comment

• Aug 2008

Wow! Thank you so much!

my address is the following

Matthew Nimmo
                      111 Brian Trail
                      Arnold, MO 63010
                      Very good, I'll box things up tomorrow. And thank you for your years of patience, unfailing support, and encouragement during this failed attempt.

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                        Commander
                        • Dec 2011

Very good, I'll box things up tomorrow. And thank you for your years of patience, unfailing support, and encouragement during this failed attempt.

David
                        David, i dont see this as a failed attempt. Instead you are giving me an opportunity to grow me out of my comfort zone. Im sure ill learn a lot from this

thanks again!

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                          Commander
                          • Dec 2011

David
                          Hey David, did you get a chance to ship that box? I just want to make sure nothing was lost in the mail

thanks again,

Comment

• Aug 2008

Hey David, did you get a chance to ship that box? I just want to make sure nothing was lost in the mail

thanks again,
                            Matt,

For some reason my e-mail is not working. Your box is underway and should be there early next week, Monday they say.

Here's the tracking number: 9505 5131 0714 9200 3299 83

David
                            Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 07-19-2019, 05:28 PM.
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                              Commander
                              • Dec 2011

Matt,

For some reason my e-mail is not working. Your box is underway and should be there early next week, Monday they say.

Here's the tracking number: 9505 5131 0714 9200 3299 83

David
                              outstanding! David, thank you again. I received everything and i will keep the forum up to date with my progress! This week i have to put together my shop some since we moved and this weekend im out of town but next week i cant wait to jump into this

thank you so mich!

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                                Commander
                                • Dec 2011

So shortly after i started to clean up my shop area to start works on this ive developed a pinched nerve leaving large amounts of pain in the right arm and my index finger numb so ive been going to the chiropractor to get that taken care of. As soon as im no longer in pain and can lift things again I’ll finish up my shop area and get this going!

Comment

Working...