Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwi 971
    replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    Outstanding! How did you make the louvers? AND, did you cut the holes ans slots or cast them - I can't tell.
    Everything was done by the machine this time Scott....I only assembled the parts, made them fit.

The sail will be cast with the holes......louvers will be after fitted.....hatches and doors you must do yourself.

My idea behind it is that you can chose if you want certain pieces in open or in closed position......radar, periscopes,.....

Grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    3D printing,Skill!
    Oh boy....that will have the dragon unleashed for sure

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    3D printing,Skill!

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Outstanding! How did you make the louvers? AND, did you cut the holes ans slots or cast them - I can't tell.

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Concentrating on the sail now. Test-fitting the SOKS and making the louvres fit.

Grtz,
    Bart

Click image for larger version

Name:	P10503756.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	128665

Name:	P10503774.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	128666

Name:	P10503783.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	128667

Name:	P10503747.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	128664

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    When I say high detail, I actually mean HIGH DETAIL.
    One of the SOKS censors (yes I went over the top, yes I’m crazy)
    Pictures were taken with the macro setting of the camera, dimensions are in mm.

All credits to "the machine"

Grtz,
    Bart

Name:	SOKS1.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	128348
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P10503222.jpg Views:	1 Size:	284.6 KB ID:	128343
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P10503213.jpg Views:	1 Size:	289.6 KB ID:	128344
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P10503204.jpg Views:	1 Size:	285.1 KB ID:	128345
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P10503195.jpg Views:	1 Size:	353.9 KB ID:	128346
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P10503186.jpg Views:	1 Size:	356.8 KB ID:	128347

Last edited by bwi 971; 11-05-2018, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Ha!

My work here is done.

David

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    Easy for him: difficult for us. Look out Bart. I sense a challenge coming on.
    I know.....I hate him......he is always doing it......Think I will do it in the end......I’m chewing on something.

grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Easy for him: difficult for us. Look out Bart. I sense a challenge coming on.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by bwi 971
    Thks David.......I need A LOT more experience before I have a go at this........you have to know exactly what you are doing regarding the thickness of the gelcoat, resin, and laminates that will be applied on the other non-lip part of the hull. Then and only then you can you can determine the offset of the thin indexing board.

I should have known there is no hocus-pocus way to do this………just practice.

(and there he goes, back to his basement, humbly shaking his head, mumbling “when I grow up…….” )

Gtrz, Bart
    Horse-****! It's easy: indent the lip 3/32" to the hull master (the ideal wall thickness of r/c submarine hulls) and when you eventually lay up your other hull half in its tool you either grind the inside to a wall thickness of 3/32" or lay up the required strips of glass to achieve the desired wall thickness. With practice you quickly determine the weight and number of laminates to achieve that wall thickness.

No sweat, Bart.

Man! That VICTOR-3 is shaping up, pal.

David

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Thks David.......I need A LOT more experience before I have a go at this........you have to know exactly what you are doing regarding the thickness of the gelcoat, resin, and laminates that will be applied on the other non-lip part of the hull. Then and only then you can you can determine the offset of the thin indexing board.

I should have known there is no hocus-pocus way to do this………just practice.

(and there he goes, back to his basement, humbly shaking his head, mumbling “when I grow up…….” )

Gtrz, Bart

Leave a comment:

replied
    The indexing lip is homogeneous with the rest of the rubber glove-mold used to give form to the hull half. The hull half master with the lip is formed from three-pieces: The hull half master itself, then attached to it the thin indexing board, and to that the stand-off board. The work goes down on a mold-board and the rubber glove-mold built up over the three-element master, followed by the hard-shell mother-mold.

Normal GRP layup is done in the assembled mother-mold and glove-mold tool. And that's it.

A heavily filled gel-coat is applied to the tool where the lip will be formed -- this to radius the right-angle faces between hull edge and face of the indexing lip. Once the sharp edges have been radiused smooth I proceed with a normal gel-coat followed by laminates of glass in the normal manner.

David

Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 10-29-2018, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    I saw the D&E video a few times now.....I have a question.......how you integrate the index lip into the hull like the picture below?

it looks like a gelcoat is also applied in the index lips....can't figure it out.

thks, grtz,
    Bart

Name:	DMindexlips1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	128226

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    yowza - that is beautiful!
    Hé Pa learned a new word "yawza", thks Tom.

grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    yowza - that is beautiful!

Leave a comment:

Working...