Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 598602G
    Captain
    • Jan 2017

Scott Don said anyone that is interested in any of his kits to send me a message and I will give you his personal phone number. Dave thanks for your help. I should have the Golf done next week. You will like how it turns out. All the flood holes in the sail and hull will be molded into the kit parts so it will be easy to drill and file those out so you won't have to lay out those flood holes out yourself. Also the shaft stuffing tube is cast into the stern planes. I also resin cast all the 3/32 brass torque rods into the bow planes,stern planes and rudder. Easy peezy

Comment

• bwi 971
      Captain
      • Jan 2015

Damn……Here we go again 3/32....you guys have to implement the metric system.
      Everybody over here (in the rest of the world LOL) in possession of an SD will have separate boxes with imperial stuff to keep her running.
      Next time somethings comes up the SD will be converted to the metric system for sure.

Grtz,
      Bart

Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
      "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by 598602G
        Scott Don said anyone that is interested in any of his kits to send me a message and I will give you his personal phone number. Dave thanks for your help. I should have the Golf done next week. You will like how it turns out. All the flood holes in the sail and hull will be molded into the kit parts so it will be easy to drill and file those out so you won't have to lay out those flood holes out yourself. Also the shaft stuffing tube is cast into the stern planes. I also resin cast all the 3/32 brass torque rods into the bow planes,stern planes and rudder. Easy peezy
        Let make a deal: dmeriman@aol.com

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by bwi 971
          Damn……Here we go again 3/32....you guys have to implement the metric system.
          Everybody over here (in the rest of the world LOL) in possession of an SD will have separate boxes with imperial stuff to keep her running.
          Next time somethings comes up the SD will be converted to the metric system for sure.

Grtz,
          Bart

We Imperial users can't help it if the rest of the world is screwed up.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bwi 971
            Captain
            • Jan 2015

We scewedup?

Smallest measurement is you have 1 THOU,
            1000 thou is 1 inch,
            12 inches is 1 foot,
            3 feet is 1 yard,

And then the almost forgotten CHAIN, 22 yards is 1 chain,
            Oh, wait we have also a FURLONG, 10 chains is 1 furlong,

Then we come back to “normal”, 10 furlongs makes 1 mile (a land mile that is, sea miles are a different story).

Than it starts to get awkward again we arrive to the LEAGUE, 3miles is 1 league

It is very consistent as you can see it uses……it uses….hell I don’t know, it uses all kind of stuff to count the order of magnitude.
            It even uses 10 to go from furlongs to chains, that is easy isn’t it, you’re on the right track keep it up

Medicine is already turned around to the metric system, and for conversions from metric to the imperial system doctors are using fruit, ok that makes sence.

Grtz,
            Bart

"Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• 598602G
              Captain
              • Jan 2017

OK live long and prosper. Talked to Don last night and he said he has 1/72 Charlie I kit ready to ship. Is 1/72 metric? I sent out Don's phone number to people that wanted it.

Comment

• bwi 971
                Captain
                • Jan 2015

Is 1/72 metric?
                LOL

grtz,
                Bart

"Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Aug 2008

I don't know about you other troglodytes, but I have twelve fingers!

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                    Captain
                    • Jan 2017

Question is are your fingers metric sized? That's an idea. Instead telling chics my junk is in inches I can tell them in the metric size.

Comment

• 598602G
                      Captain
                      • Jan 2017

Now it's starting to look like a diesel boat

Comment

• HardRock
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by bwi 971
                        We scewedup?

Smallest measurement is you have 1 THOU,
                        1000 thou is 1 inch,
                        12 inches is 1 foot,
                        3 feet is 1 yard,

And then the almost forgotten CHAIN, 22 yards is 1 chain,
                        Oh, wait we have also a FURLONG, 10 chains is 1 furlong,

Then we come back to “normal”, 10 furlongs makes 1 mile (a land mile that is, sea miles are a different story).

Than it starts to get awkward again we arrive to the LEAGUE, 3miles is 1 league

It is very consistent as you can see it uses……it uses….hell I don’t know, it uses all kind of stuff to count the order of magnitude.
                        It even uses 10 to go from furlongs to chains, that is easy isn’t it, you’re on the right track keep it up

Medicine is already turned around to the metric system, and for conversions from metric to the imperial system doctors are using fruit, ok that makes sence.

Grtz,
                        Bart

You forgot the Rods and Perches! Equals 5.5 yards or 1/320 of a statute mile.

Comment

• 598602G
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2017

OK so all you metric/euro dudes are trekkies. England has there money in pounds sterling. Whats a pound? Pound of bacon?

Comment

• 598602G
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2017

Only one thing worse then the metric system and that is driving on the wrong side of the road

Comment

• 598602G
                              Captain
                              • Jan 2017

OK all the flood holes filed out. Some more in bottom of hull not shown in pics. Man I swear if I have to drill and file one more Russian submarine flood hole I am going to give myself a frontal lobotomy. Then I can sit at my build table like a piece of zucchini.

Comment

• Albion
                                Captain
                                • Dec 2008

Only one thing worse then the metric system and that is driving on the wrong side of the road
                                Only three countries in the world aren't metric, usa, Myanmar and Liberia, you guys are in a select group.
                                Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

Working...