Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 598602G
    Captain
    • Jan 2017

Bollards installed. Who can tell me the name of the rope that is used to tie up boats to the pier?

Comment

• Peter W
      Captain
      • May 2011

Is the rope called Steve ?

Peter

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by 598602G
        Bollards installed. Who can tell me the name of the rope that is used to tie up boats to the pier?
        Trick question. It ain't rope. It's line. Mooring lines. Used to be three-strand, right-hand laid sisal-hemp. Later it was nylon braid (Samson braid). TM's were the Boatswain Mates of the sub-service.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
          Captain
          • Jan 2017

Your a Commander and you don't know? Rope is called a hauser. What what is the name of the rope with the know tied on the end of it that a seaman throws to the pier so the guys on the pier

Comment

• 598602G
            Captain
            • Jan 2017

Dave I was the deck seaman and I wasn't a torpedoman

Comment

• 598602G
              Captain
              • Jan 2017

OK what does the pic refer to then?

Comment

• 598602G
                Captain
                • Jan 2017

Dave didn't sub driver sell a WTC with the end cap for a 3 motor arrangement for a certain 1/72 Foxtrot that will go unnamed?

Comment

• Aug 2008

OK what does the pic refer to then?
                  Heaving lines. In the hands of a good seaman, capable of punching out the window of the XO' windshield as we put over #1 line. A ten-ounce slug of lead in the wrap insures maximum damage.
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                    Captain
                    • Jan 2017

I think I heaved once or twice. Whoops wrong heaving.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Dave didn't sub driver sell a WTC with the end cap for a 3 motor arrangement for a certain 1/72 Foxtrot that will go unnamed?
                      Sure did, it was for the defunct 1/72 FOXTROT.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2017

Put some pants on those white legs just made me go blind. Too bad that Foxtrot deal went south. That would have been a nice kit.

Comment

• HardRock
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Mar 2013

Your a Commander and you don't know? Rope is called a hauser. What what is the name of the rope with the know tied on the end of it that a seaman throws to the pier so the guys on the pier
                          The knot is called a monkey's fist - which makes the guy throwing it a monkey fister, and the guy catching it is a..... no wait, that can't be right. Forget that I spoke.

Comment

• 598602G
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2017

You just don't want to get hit in the head with that monkey fist. Official on the Golf II molds. Don Spielberger of Loyalhanna Dockyard will be the new owner of the molds. I made 3 sails already joined together. I made 3 complete sets of appendages with all the resin cast mast and mast tubing parts. I am going to send those along with the molds so all Don has to do is make 3 hulls so he should be able to have some kits quickly. Dave if you still have the WTC end cap molds and such for the 1/72 Foxtrot I would dust those of so maybe you could offer those parts for the Golf. I am not going to completely get out of subs just need to take a break so I can move back to Dallas then when I get situated I can pick back up

Comment

• HardRock
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Mar 2013

Hummmmm. Do you have a reliable way of contacting Don (other than getting on a plane and then driving to his house, I mean)?

Comment

• Aug 2008

You just don't want to get hit in the head with that monkey fist. Official on the Golf II molds. Don Spielberger of Loyalhanna Dockyard will be the new owner of the molds. I made 3 sails already joined together. I made 3 complete sets of appendages with all the resin cast mast and mast tubing parts. I am going to send those along with the molds so all Don has to do is make 3 hulls so he should be able to have some kits quickly. Dave if you still have the WTC end cap molds and such for the 1/72 Foxtrot I would dust those of so maybe you could offer those parts for the Golf. I am not going to completely get out of subs just need to take a break so I can move back to Dallas then when I get situated I can pick back up
                                Take care of yourself first.

I have several completed motor bulkheads for the FOXTROT/GOLF if and when anyone wants one. E-mail me if you need one, Tim. I'll fix you up.

David
                                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...