Captain
    • Jan 2017

Robert Plant rocks. Victor III patch

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by 598602G
      Too funny I use to date a Admiral's daughter in Pearl long time ago. Don Speilberger of Loyalhanna Dockyard has those molds and the 1/72 Alfa and 1/96 Delta II molds. His email is don963@aol.com. He has a Charlie kit for sale right now on RC Groups.
      Hate to be a PAIN in the ..........backside but I cant find it. Not in the boat section and not under submarines. As far as Loyalhanna is concerned I cant ever get thru to the guy...................but Ill try.........again.
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• 598602G
        Captain
        • Jan 2017

Greenman here is the link to the Charlie on RCG. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...sin-appendages

Comment

• 598602G
          Captain
          • Jan 2017

Hardrock here is a pic of my 1/72 Charlie I with a 1/96 Victor III on it.

Comment

• HardRock
            Vice Admiral
            • Mar 2013

Hard rock I am getting old and my hearing has been impaired by all the Led Zepplin I listened to but I think I heard you say 1/72?
            And a LARGE packing crate to put it into!

Comment

• HardRock
              Vice Admiral
              • Mar 2013

Hardrock here is a pic of my 1/72 Charlie I with a 1/96 Victor III on it.
              I'm calling shenanigans Tim. Charlie I is 95 metres and Victor III is 102 meters. Unless that Victor has been on the set of "Honey I shrank the Kids" it can't be 1/96 scale.

Comment

• 598602G
                Captain
                • Jan 2017

Shenanigans? Don Lemon on CNN told me the Victor III model on the Charlie was 1/96. The Clinton News Network wouldn't lie would they? What is a meter? I have a gas meter out back the house is that the same? You Aussie's need to put the Foster tube down mate.

Comment

• 598602G
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2017

Don Lemon is a ******. Ok mate since I made the Delta III in 1/96 I will do you and Georgie Porgie the canuck a solid. If I decide to scratch out a Victor III I will do a 1/72 and 1/96 so you two won't sick your PM's on me.

Comment

• 598602G
                    Captain
                    • Jan 2017

Any of you guys into Russian Modern Warships aka; skimmers? Got 4 or 5 pages of super detailed plans I got from Don for a Krivak Frigate. 1/100 scale. Gag barf. Got enough foam to make a hull plug and a mold. Just the ticket for your skimmer buddies to try to hunt down your 1/96 boat. What sayest thou?

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

Greenman here is the link to the Charlie on RCG. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...sin-appendages
                      Thanks very much. Im trying to make heads or tails of it. "The Black Hole" says that the hull is 61.5" long with a 5" beam. "Totenkopf", which I suspect is you, says that it is 52" long with a 5&1/2" beam. Which is correct? Thanks
                      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• 598602G
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2017

I don't know where Don came up with his figures but the Charlie is 52" long with a 5 1/2" beam. The Black Hole is Don from Bergen, NY. He must have it slightly confused with the 1/96 Delta III which is 64" long.

Comment

• 598602G
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2017

Here is a link to what the Charlie looks like finished from the molds. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1-72-Charlie-I

Comment

• trout
                            Admiral
                            • Jul 2011

Tim, we do a sub run at Yorba Linda park every other month, the next one is March 25th (or whatever that Saturday is). You should join us!
                            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• 598602G
                              Captain
                              • Jan 2017

Trout I will see if I can make it. Yorba Linda isn't too far from me. I have to take care of my 91 year old mom so sometimes tough to get away. I decided I will do the Victor III in 1/96 first after I finish the Golf. Decided I will shape the hull and sail plugs out of solid balsa block sections to make it easier.

Comment

• HardRock
                                Vice Admiral
                                • Mar 2013

Hurray!!!!

Comment

Working...