Oscar Continued

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenman407
    replied
    Next step was to repaint the bottom hull Banner red. The "Pimento" just wasnt cutting it. While I was at it I installed the scoop grates.Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 182.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	64088Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 183.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	64089Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 187.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	64090

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Yes, but you are the Grandest Grand Pubah, dont you need an assistant, I mean , after all, you cant be everywhere, all the time............can you?

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    The position's taken!

Leave a comment:

• Anuci
    replied
    Your welcome, Mark. Grand Pubah!, Nah! VICE ADMIRAL. :wink:
    Last edited by Anuci; 09-07-2011, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Hey I see that your up to lieutenant , junior grade. It wont be long before your up to GRAND PUBAH and have eighteen builders threads going at one time! Nice to see your comments Al!

Leave a comment:

• Anuci
    replied
    Mark,

I think I could shave on that finish, No, it's turning out very nice. I suspect all the vents you were working on are now finished, but they were difficult to see from the vantage point the photo was taken, and the shine coming off the hull. The flat should work to tone it down considerably are my thoughts. :biggrin:

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    The latest update from the evil chamber. After all the dry transfers are in place it must be clear coated to protect them and at the same time tone down the gloss. Al Nuci just expressed his concern that clear satin will not get rid of the gloss. I took another look at it and I believe that he is right. So, I just placed an order for 3 cans of Floquil clear flat and we will experiment with that. My concern is that the overlap of your painting strokes with the clear will be visible as lighter areas. It will give it a striped look, subtle but striped nonetheless. So first I will experiment on s**** first. The project continues......................................... ....................

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    These pictures are not very good but here they are as they are all Ive got. The first one is the finished Marker light. The second and third is the upper hull just painted gloss black and its still wet at the time of the picture. Look at all the detail. This hull has more scribing than you can believe. It took a lot of extra time because I needed to go over all the scribing to deepen them up and clean them out of all the sanding debris. As I was doing that I would come across soft areas that would let go. Large air bubbles below the surface. I had to dig them all out and fill them with Evercoat metal glaze, sand and rescribe. The last one is the finished upper hull. Now I can apply the Dry transfers.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 177.jpg
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	64057Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 178.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	64058Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 179.jpg
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	64059Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 180.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	64060Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 181.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	64061

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    I found this picture of the Kursk and its light also doesnt match my drawing!!!!

Name:	kursk2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	63954

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Heres afew more.

Name:	1MGEA9-f33334a482dd12d495b91857b0ec9389.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	63952Click image for larger version

Name:	1MGzAS-f33334a482dd12d495b91857b0ec9389.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	63953

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    As far as this antenna of unknown use is concerned, I believe it is a navigation light. On the Kursk I dont have a picture of it but on other Oscars it can be seen in the following pictures but a little different in shape, Note:

Name:	Transfer 134.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	63950Click image for larger version

Name:	0_4c42d_95f0ac34_XL.jpg
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	63951

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    After masking off the laser imposed masking lines,Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 175.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	63918Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 176.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	63919 the lower part of the bow was also painted Banner red.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Its not perfect but keep in mind that these are closeups, which make small errors standout like a sore thumb. Considering my limited abilitys, I think that its pretty good. After posting this I realize that I forgot to round the two bottom corners. Oh well, what is done is done.
    Last edited by greenman407; 08-30-2011, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    So, first I carefully measured the dry transfer and marked it out on a piece of paper , along with a centerline. After cutting it out with an xacto blade I lined it up on top of a piece of fresh masking tape and transferred the cutout. Then I cut that out and applied that to the front of the sail, lining up the centerline marks. I used Krylon Banner red.Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 166.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	63914Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 167.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	63915Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 168.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	63916Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 171.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	63917

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    In order to do this front crest I needed to paint a red background the exact size as the drytransfer decal. Here it is pictured in the drawing.Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 007.jpg
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	63910Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 008.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	63911 And here are a couple of pics on the Kursk.Click image for larger version

Name:	kursk2.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	63912Click image for larger version

Name:	kursk sail.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	63913

Leave a comment:

Working...