Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greevesman
    Ensign
    • Dec 2016

In post 86 you said 4 oz in the nose was just inside the rear frame of the torpedo nest, Half on each side. I take that to mean in front of the rear frame. 4 oz is 16 1/4 oz weights, half on each side would be 8 on each side.. 2 rows of four going fore and aft? Configuration? What size is your battery? Mine is 5000 mh. Thanks

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Personally, I would hold off on putting all the weight in until you can get it in water to begin trimming. Your configuration might be slightly different than another person.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Greevesman
        Ensign
        • Dec 2016

I agree but I am trying to get weight in the general areas of the weights in the photos. I am putting in less weights than the photos, then in the water I will adjust by hopefully adding weights. One big unknown are the two lead shot weights that are 2 5/8 x 2 5/8 x 1/2" thick. It appears that they may be quite a bit less than 1/2" at the outer edges. And how much of those weights are lead and how much resin in the interstitial spaces between the pellets? 85% lead? Trying to get close but under while I wait for the subdriver electronics I ordered yesterday.. Thanks for the help. Always appreciated.
        Didn't somewhere in your thread state that you made some more powerful magnetic couplers?

Comment

• Greevesman
          Ensign
          • Dec 2016

In Post 87 Greenman 407 said the balance point of his lower hull was 13 3/4? from the front cut. Mine came out to 13 7/8" so we are very close.
          In post 91 above .16 lead weights just in front of the lower torpedo bulkhead, 8 on each side?
          Is your battery same as mine? 5000Mh?
          Thanks

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

I believe I used a 3 cell Lipo. I'll check tonight
            IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Yep, 6400mah 3s Lipo. It measures 5.25" long x 1&5/8" wide and 1&5/8" deep. Sorry, I don't own a scale to give you accurate weight. I bought it from Tower Hobbies. Its a ONYX brand 35c , 71 WATT hours, 11.1 volts. Maybe they will list a weight.
              IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Greevesman
                Ensign
                • Dec 2016

That's fine, Mine are 5000 mah so they will be a little lighter. I suspect my lead is a little heavier than yours so we will probably be close enough to get started. I got my electronics from bob this afternoon so I will be starting up again. Thanks.

Comment

• Das Boot
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Dec 2019

Why can’t I see Photobucket pics? Also, too bad these posts just stop. Love to see end product.
                  Last edited by Das Boot; 12-14-2019, 09:42 PM.
                  Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

Working...