X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSN687
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Nov 2015

24 August 2017

Just finished watching the last bit of paint drying, the fun for the week end is over. My auto repair shop buddy took pity on me. He let borrow his small standby air compress, bring to my house so I could painted at home. Painted the hull numbers, sail, upper and lower hull, fairwater planes, stern planes and upper rudder. I'm going to letting it dry for a couple days, dry rub the forward draft numbers, dry rub Blueback near stern, and take it back to his shop next week and finish sealing the paint. I got to do some thinking on how to space the water line draft numbers and add them on the upper rudder both side.
    Then add the WTC, make sure nothing has changed with trimming, should be good to go and learn how to drive it, no problem.

Ernie

Last edited by SSN687; 09-24-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• SSN687
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Nov 2015

Watching paint drying

Comment

• SSN687
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Nov 2015

6 October 2017

Trying to get ready to go to City Lake at Rocky Mount. Just try to check the trim in the small dive tank, bathtub. The ass end is continuing to be heavy. Pulled it out and checked the WTC, water in the engine room. Pulled the WTC sucked on the Snorkel line from the head valve. I can see air bubbles in two place on the O-ring between the engine room and ballast tank. I need to pull that bulk head to grease and/or replace the O-ring if I can find one here in Rock Hill.
        So the question is:
        Is there anything special I should know about pulling the inner bulk head other than it’s going to be a pain to pull and reinstall it?

Ernie

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

I used a wood dowel, not sure the diameter, but larger may an inch. This helped push the bulkhead out and back in. If the leak is from lack of contact wrap some teflon tape in the o ring groove or I know a gentleman that would mark were the low point is an run some epoxy in the groove to build up that low area. I hope this helps.
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• SSN687
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Nov 2015

6 October 2017 11:30

I have gotten the bulkhead out and back in. I cleaned the O-ring, greased up, and greased the WTC cylinder wall with dielectric grease. Sealed both ends of the WTC placed a small amount of water in the engine room. Created a pressure and vacuum on the tube, didn’t see any air bubbles or water past the O-ring.

Wondering if I should place a bead of silicon around bulkhead OD and WTC ID from the engine room side?

Ernie

Comment

• SSN687
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Nov 2015

I think I'm finished just need to learn how to drive it.

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Pictures are not showing up.
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• SSN687
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Nov 2015

8 October 2017, 8:15 pm
                  I have tried to put the pictures in this forum using Chrome and FireFox, I have logged off & on back on manually, I click on upload attachments, pick the picture from my hard drive, click medium size, click on post reply, get the error message: "You are not authorized to create or remove attachments.", I tired of messing with the program just to upload pictures, it shouldn't be this hard to share pictures on a forum.

Ernie

Comment

• SSN687
                    Lieutenant Commander
                    • Nov 2015

one more attempt, "You are not authorized to create or remove attachments." ,done

Comment

• SSN687
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Nov 2015

just one more attempt, "You are not authorized to create or remove attachments." ,done
                      I can see two pictures

Comment

• SSN687
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • Nov 2015

now my pictures have disappeared from my post, I don't understand, I guess I'm too stupid to figure it out.

Comment

• trout
                          Admiral
                          • Jul 2011

I agree it should not be this hard to upload. I do not think you are stupid, this site is different on uploading because of the current version of vBulletin being used. What we have found that works is using the icon to the left, next to the A. I think that is a paper with a paper clip on it? Click where you want it, then click on the icon. Bob did a How-to on this, will have to look it up later when I have a bit more time. Hang in there, your build is important to us.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                            Welcome to my underwater realm!
                            • Aug 2009

Rocket science, this is not. I visit a lot of boards and this interface is no harder to use than any other.

Photo Upload Tutorial Link

Just click on the paper/paperclip icon at the top right of the reply section:

Click image for larger version

Name:	upload.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	123697
                            If you do nothing, your picture will get uploaded at full resolution with a nifty thumbnail to click on.

Comment

• SSN687
                              Lieutenant Commander
                              • Nov 2015

when I type something and then click on that icon, the only thing that appears is "Upload attachments" and Upload from URL" there is no sub headers in little boxes as your reply indicates. If I click o the "A" icon then that stuff appears, I click on "Upload attachments" find the picture, open it and appears, I tried option 7, preview, and post reply. then I get the error statement, "You are not authorized to create or remove attachments."

I tried clicking on the med insert

I get an error message "You are not authorized to create or remove attachments."
                              clicked on post reply
                              You are not authorized to create or remove attachments.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                                Welcome to my underwater realm!
                                • Aug 2009

I just checked your account and for whatever reason you were flagged as "awaiting email confirmation". GIve it a go now and see if it works.

Comment

Working...