HMCS Windsor - Upholder class 3D print - files from Nautilus DD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RanSan
    Lieutenant

    • May 2020
    • 68

    #16
    Thanks, Bob, I appreciate you taking the time to clarify this and to look out for the artists.

    For my part, one of the main reasons I started creating these files was to give people access to boats that might otherwise never be available as RC models. There are a lot of interesting, obscure, and historically significant submarines that simply aren't commercially produced in RC form, and I really enjoy being able to bring some of those designs to life and make them accessible to the RC community.

    I’m glad to see them being enjoyed by the RC community.

    Comment

    • SubSteve
      Lieutenant Commander

      • Apr 2022
      • 140

      #17
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P9221795.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	197878
      Rudder of sistership HMCS Victoria

      Comment

      • NavyShooter
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade

        • Jul 2026
        • 39

        #18
        OK, so, trying to move on....looking at my options for a watertight cylinder, and I think I'm going to try and make my own.

        I found this option at Amazon for a tube - should I get 2mm thick or do I get a thicker tube?



        Comment

        • NavyShooter
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade

          • Jul 2026
          • 39

          #19
          Also, I created this sub display stand - It was something that didn't come with the print files.

          If anyone wants copies of the print files, let me know.


          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	5
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	197925​

          Comment

          • NavyShooter
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade

            • Jul 2026
            • 39

            #20
            Based on the dimensions given above, I'm working on watertight cylinder end caps now. Tinkercad is a simple program, but for stuff like this it's quite handy.

            Here's my first go - should fit in a 70mm OD 66mm ID (2mm wall) cylinder, and accept 66mm O-rings (using 2 because...why not?)

            One has a central hole for the shaft. I'm thinking of drilling the other holes.

            Print ABS and add a layer of epoxy to seal them completely?

            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	4
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	197932

            Comment

            Working...