X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CC Clarke
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Aug 2020

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm . . .

Just as I feared. My document to be attached in pdf form is >2MB but the allowed attachment size is 19k! What's a good workaround without me having to signup for something else online?

CC
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

I believe Bob can open that up.......
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• CC Clarke
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Aug 2020

He's got a lot on his plate at the moment and I'd hate to bother him if someone else has a workaround. In the meantime, I have an educational bonus I found online - an interactive program that generates downloadable STL propeller files you can print. I think it's still in the beta stage but I was able to create a 5-bladed propeller that would compliment the Alpha class boat sold here. If the attached link doesn't work, just Google "Online Propeller Generator". It's pretty cool and no modeling experience is required:

B-Series Propeller Generator (wageningen-b-series-propeller.com)

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Split it into as many parts as required to get the size down.

Comment

• Scott T
          Commander
          • May 2009

Might check with who creates the Subcommittee Reports and find how they store them. The SCR pdf I checked properties on was 11.9 MB.

Comment

• CC Clarke
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Aug 2020

I've uploaded tutorials and procedures to other sites for years in pdf format without an issue. Even here, I've attached multiple photos > 1.5Mb ea. within a thread. The "Upload Attachments" button at the bottom is normally how this is accomplished . . . it's just a file. Breaking a 17-page document into fragments is impractical for the author and more importantly, end user.

Bob mentioned uploading pdfs the other day. When he has the time, I'm sure he'll chime in with a practical method to do it, whether it needs to be zipped or whatever. The original Word doc is 4.2 Mb; in pdf format it's half that - which is one of the advantages of the format.
            Last edited by CC Clarke; 09-16-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Working...