Alumilite with David Merriman

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

That's what they say, but if you half the times, you have a more realistic idea of how long you have to get the filled tool into the pot. I use the so-called slow cure stuff, the RC-3. I buy mine by the two-gallon kit. In fact, I have a days full of casting ahead of me.

Leave me alone, damit!

David,
    Attached Files
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Tom Spettel
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Dec 2009

well Dave.... had a friend do some pressure castings last weekend and they dident have any bubbles in them but the castings were distorted
      from the air pressure.. he was using 140 psi... seems a little to high... whats a good pressure @ 5280ft alt?
      BTW was at the hobby shop and was looking at some of the cast resin parts for 1/48 and 1/32 aircraft made by "Aires" sweet castings!!!!!
      no bubbles!!!!!!!! how do these guys get such small detail to turn out good???
      Tom

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Your pal didn't have a problem with the pressure (more is good), he had problem with his method of clamping the tool halves together -- that's what distorted the parts.

All detail quality is driven by quality of the master and handling of the tooling rubber during mold fabrication; get those two things right, and you can capture any detail onto the part.

David,
        Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-07-2010, 08:15 AM.
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...