X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Thrust Vectoring

Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • tifosi12
    Commander
    • Jul 2020

Wow, interesting concept. I'm amazed how well that works, the ship's response is fast and powerful, looks awesome and does away with the entire dive system.

Then again, only applicable to models with jet engines as in Sci-Fi ships or rockets. Would work nicely for something like a Space Shuttle etc but less so for actual submarine models.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by tifosi12
      Wow, interesting concept. I'm amazed how well that works, the ship's response is fast and powerful, looks awesome and does away with the entire dive system.

Then again, only applicable to models with jet engines as in Sci-Fi ships or rockets. Would work nicely for something like a Space Shuttle etc but less so for actual submarine models.
      Hmm... that said, if you wanted superior maneuverability, this would work really well in almost any sub with either a pumpjet or shrouded prop. The only way to see that it wasn't scale would be to get right up behind the model and look into the shroud.

I'll have to seriously consider this for my next boat with a shroud...

Comment

• tifosi12
        Commander
        • Jul 2020

Originally posted by RCSubGuy

Hmm... that said, if you wanted superior maneuverability, this would work really well in almost any sub with either a pumpjet or shrouded prop. The only way to see that it wasn't scale would be to get right up behind the model and look into the shroud.

I'll have to seriously consider this for my next boat with a shroud...
        Well, I'm sure you'll keep us posted if you go that route. Sounds intriguing.

While not to scale, great maneuverability is a good thing to have particularly in small swimming pools.

A Seehund that could turn on a dime? Wowse!
        Last edited by tifosi12; 04-21-2024, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by tifosi12

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• tifosi12
            Commander
            • Jul 2020

Nice job, nifty!

Comment

Working...