A visit to my SCLI Shipmates in New York! Shop Tours and Lunch with Show 'n Tell!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

A visit to my SCLI Shipmates in New York! Shop Tours and Lunch with Show 'n Tell!!

My February 2023 visit to see my old shipmates of the SubCommittee Long Island Chapter! I'm privileged and honored to visit Frank Salerno's shop and have lunch afterwards where they always have the best Show and Tell.

Any club could learn how to operate from these guys!! The name of the game is consistency in their fellowship!

Last edited by QuarterMaster; 03-18-2023, 01:06 PM.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

"Sub" Ed,

Thank you for sharing the above show and tell!

I am so taken back by what Frank is doing. The small glimpses we get on the Drive Tribe of his work is really something, but to see his work up close and personal! WOW! That is all I can say!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      Rear Admiral
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by rwtdiver
      "Sub" Ed,

Thank you for sharing the above show and tell!

I am so taken back by what Frank is doing. The small glimpses we get on the Drive Tribe of his work is really something, but to see his work up close and personal! WOW! That is all I can say!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat."
      Yeah, I bust Frank's gonads all the time regarding his build, after all he's violating almost everything I was taught regarding ones first RC Submarine build. But hey, he's sticking it to me and many others accomplishing what he's doing. Even if it were to NEVER hit the water, he's got one of the most epic SEAVIEW static builds EVER!

I look at it now as a humble ego reminder, mind my own p's and q's.
      It's like God, he sure ain't trying to be Ed..
      v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

Working...