• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

RC submarine rescue

Just saw this on Youtube
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Okay... now I NEED to try this. That sub looks like it had been there forever, but it was pretty out in the open and not buried at all. I wonder if they weathered it up that way, or if it was a bona fide lost sub.

Great video.

Bob

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

I vote for real recovery of RC Sub. This is really cool and would be a great service for the RC sub community. Imagine one that can be rented and shipped for recovery. Maybe my Type XXIII could still be found........one can dream.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
        Okay... now I NEED to try this. That sub looks like it had been there forever, but it was pretty out in the open and not buried at all. I wonder if they weathered it up that way, or if it was a bona fide lost sub.

Great video.

Bob
        I share your skepticism. I could not make out a rotor in that shroud. Hmmmm....
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
          Admiral
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

I share your skepticism. I could not make out a rotor in that shroud. Hmmmm....
          Maybe a boilerplate ship to test the capability of the recovery vehicle.
          Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

Working...