X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

Star Wars DIY

This Guy has a beautiful little scratch build...this showed up on RCG sub forum-post 250-253(just scroll down)
  • DMTNT
    Commander
    • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Bob Gato
    This Guy has a beautiful little scratch build...this showed up on RCG sub forum-post 250-253(just scroll down)
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ur-Subs/page17
    Nice! I saw something similar not too long ago only with the USS Enterprise. This guy appears to be dynamic, but the Big E almost seemed to have static diving system of sorts. Very cool either way.
    Dead men tell no tales...

Comment

• Bob Gato
      Captain
      • Feb 2019

Yes dynamic-but he doesn't need much forward speed to go below-also with independent power and vectored thrust (no dive planes) the ship powers nose down and powers itself under water..go to that link and check out the inside..

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

Here's an update with a clear video-(remember to click YouTube in lower right after starting yideo and watch on full screen)

Last edited by Bob Gato; 04-09-2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• Scott T
          Commander
          • May 2009

Picture from RCgroups site. By AJWOODS

Comment

• Bob Gato
            Captain
            • Feb 2019

I can't quite tell-are those two brushless motors(3 wires)? and what radio is that-from the antenna length and underwater performance, I know its not 2.4..I don't recognize the markings.

Comment

• redboat219
              Admiral
              • Dec 2008

See the gray bullet shape things inside the engine nacelle of the fighter, motor pods from a cheap RC boat, most likely 130s or 280s.
              Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

Working...