Wondering where the Swamp Yankee is? (Bill Lambing)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Wondering where the Swamp Yankee is? (Bill Lambing)

I just got this from Sherry Lambing and she asked me to post it here for Bill:

A month ago I suffered a devastating motorcycle accident. Five days in Intensive Care ICU. The rest here in Rehab. Multiple fractures.
    II don't know when I am getting out of here and returning to the Shipyard. Hopefully I will be well in time for the Groton Fun Run.
    I don't have access to email or web. Please contact me through my wife's cell phone 860-705-6312 or she has my cellphone 860-389-5862 and will give me any messages from either phone number.

Take care, be safe and happy modeling,
    Bill
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

You Idiot! Bill!!!.. what the **** is an old fart like you doing trying to balance your dumb ass on two wheels!!! Idiot! Stupid, knuckle-dragging A-ganger Goon!

Your making Groton if we have to duct-tap your ass to a gurney and wheel you there!

David
    Fellow Idiot
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Hope you get well soon.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Just got off the phone with Bill's wife, Cherry. Here's the dope as of today:

Bill is now out of ICU -- he was really messed up from his motorcycle accident. His pelvis was caved in; his right hand (the one he uses) was ****ed up, but salvageable; he got some nasty road-rash, and some other injuries. He's currently in a rehabilitation facility.

No trauma to the head -- Bill had his helmet on (stupid Connecticut makes helmets optional... stupid ****s!), so he's just as brain damaged as he's always been.

From what I've gathered from Cherry (who strikes me as a first-class spouse), the medical community is doing a good job of controlling Bills pain. Add to that good news, know that he's already standing and will soon be permitted to wear regular clothing, just like the rest of us superior primates.

He's on a long (and sure to be bumpy) road to complete recovery.

Send this bum a text message when you can, to this phone: 1-860-389-5862. And post your well-wishes to this thread, as he'll soon be back online, and I'm sure he would appreciate hearing from you fellow idiots.

A big thank-you to Cherry for keeping us up to date on this matter. Bill married very, very well!

David D Merriman lll
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• goshawk823
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Oct 2010

Get well soon Bill!

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Bill,
            Get well soon!
            Peace,Tom
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
              Welcome to my underwater realm!
              • Aug 2009

Latest from Sherry:

Just a note to let you all know Bill will be leaving Rehab Friday May 17th to return home. Although he still has a lengthy recovery ahead of him this is good news. Looking forward to the day when he can reach out and post on his own again. Everyone's well wishes, thoughts and prayers are appreciated and really make his days better.

Comment

Working...