X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

"Air" Bob's next plane.

...ti's also Mr. Martin's next build! Well...relatively "next" on the que.

C'mon, you and Logan can build it in the shop! Parts from Amazon!! After Logan does the paint detailing, he'll be there to "shoe horn" you in for the first flight!

Colomban CriCri Jet - First Flight with jets - Edith Piaf

Don't forget to play that awesome French tuneskie for your first flight!!
    Last edited by QuarterMaster; 01-29-2024, 10:03 AM.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

I've seen the version with the little gas engines, but first with the jets. Cool as hell, but you'd never catch me test fligting something like that. Yoiks...

Comment

• QuarterMaster
      Rear Admiral
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
      I've seen the version with the little gas engines, but first with the jets. Cool as hell, but you'd never catch me test fligting something like that. Yoiks...
      Looked VERY uncomfortable even for you, and that's after "shoe horning" you into it!

They'd have to 3D print it around me! Probably need to increase the number of jets by a factor of 4 as well!!
      v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Albacore 569
        Commander
        • Sep 2020

VERY COOL Indeed.

A 1/4 scale model with a real man or woman in it! The video edit we don't really see if there are electric starters or someone else outside has to start the jets? Are engine restarts in the air possible? The engines seem simple enough as jets engines are inherently simple to begin with. This little French design been around for decades and seems a dependable proven airframe. I wonder what its range is.
        Last edited by Albacore 569; 01-29-2024, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albacore 569
          VERY COOL Indeed.

A 1/4 scale model with a real man or woman in it! The video edit we don't really see if there are electric starters or someone else outside has to start the jets? Are engine restarts in the air possible? The engines seem simple enough as jets engines are inherently simple to begin with. This little French design been around for decades and seems a dependable proven airframe. I wonder what its range is.
          Yeah, motor-clutch 'bullets' ahead of the centrifugal compressor disc. So, air-starts possible. His one recorded engine-out incident evidenced 'flame' and 'stuff' in the exhaust before shut-down. Little chance of re-light as the turbine/bearings was likely toast at that point.

Gas turbines ain't that simple. Ram and buzz-jets are relatively simple. Gas turbines demand tight tolerances; exotic metals down-stream; and reliable, consistent lubrication; and mucho maintenance and tear-downs.

David
          Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 01-29-2024, 03:46 PM.
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Bob Gato
            Captain
            • Feb 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jet-Man.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	177945
            Ahh...if you guys can build one of those-you can build one of these like Yeves Rossi did. Simplify-Leave all those loose nuts and bolts on the ground!

Comment

Working...