Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albacore 569
    Commander
    • Sep 2020

The Rat Patrol? F**K. A bunch of non-actors with an excuse to dune buggy in the Mojave! I liked 'Combat' only as a kid despite my uncle telling me "I was in Italy, there are no eucalyptus trees in Europe!" (plenty of eucalyptus Southern California where it was filmed).

I hated and never forgave Quinn Martin productions after they sacked Robert Lancing thinking he was too 'old and hard to work with' - Lancing was the only one taking the role seriously! They replaced with that non actor cardboard cutout Paul Burke. Worst actor ever in everything he did. I stopped watching.

Get back into the shop and as Sargent Dave ordered Private Pile! LOL.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CXmm1jY.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.4 KB ID:	175314
    Last edited by Albacore 569; 10-26-2023, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
      Captain
      • Sep 2014

Yea Combat was another one I watched. It also is not available on my streaming channels.

Comment

• Alucard
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Aug 2023

Probably not much it was a cheap show but as a kid it was great. We are in Florida tomorrow we look at houses then Saturday we go on the cruise.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
          Captain
          • Sep 2014

Combat is on Youtube.

Comment

• Alucard
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Aug 2023

i remembering watching combat, one of my favorite tv shows was Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone, great acting but best of all great writing and always had a great twist to it.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Alucard
              i remembering watching combat, one of my favorite tv shows was Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone, great acting but best of all great writing and always had a great twist to it.
              Serling was so, so much more than the Producer and Writer for TZ. He wrote the screen-play to many major motion pictures: Requiem for a Heavy-Weight, Seven Day's in May, Planet of the Apes...

That guy was a Machine!
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Enjoyed testing parachutes by accounts, now that's what I call a risky hobby!

Comment

• Aug 2008

I'm giving a talk next DiveTribe zoom meeting on assembling and operating the DeBoer SEAVIEW kit. Here are but a few of the pictures that will accompany the talk. If you're not a DiveTribe member yet, sign on now so you can catch this and all following bi-weekly, live presentations.

The DIVE TRIBE | Drydocks (rc-submarine.com)

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	175377 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0013.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	175378 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0486.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	175379 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0719.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	175380 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0548.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	175381 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0020.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	175382 Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0108.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	175383 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0518.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	175384

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                    Captain
                    • Sep 2014

Not that anyone may care. I'm into my fourth week of no pressure on my foot. Podiatrist said it will be 4-6 weeks. Had to go back onto antibiotics yesterday. Next appt is after the holiday and will find out if I can progress to walking with a boot and stop using the knee scooter. We tried yesterday going halfway down stairs with one foot, 8 steps, was a struggle, but doable. Today will try all the way down and see what my shop and office looks like. Hopefully I plan to sit in my office and start drawing up my next party boat. In the meantime I have video from Groton and Subfest that has been unseen and I am trying to edit and post some of that. I'd also like to make a thread on that little y-cable replacement with a step by step process.

It gets boring sitting around on the computer mostly and I'm constantly plan tired. Have books to read but not into it.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Ken_NJ
                      Not that anyone may care. I'm into my fourth week of no pressure on my foot. Podiatrist said it will be 4-6 weeks. Had to go back onto antibiotics yesterday. Next appt is after the holiday and will find out if I can progress to walking with a boot and stop using the knee scooter. We tried yesterday going halfway down stairs with one foot, 8 steps, was a struggle, but doable. Today will try all the way down and see what my shop and office looks like. Hopefully I plan to sit in my office and start drawing up my next party boat. In the meantime I have video from Groton and Subfest that has been unseen and I am trying to edit and post some of that. I'd also like to make a thread on that little y-cable replacement with a step by step process.

It gets boring sitting around on the computer mostly and I'm constantly plan tired. Have books to read but not into it.
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                        Captain
                        • Sep 2014

Ahhhh, something like that was expected! Always wondering what the comment from the peon gallery may be.

Comment

• Davjacva
                          Lieutenant Commander
                          • Nov 2022

Ken, I know your pain, but for me I had it kind of better. I had 3 levels in my lower back fused, and couldn't go up to my hobby room for a while. After about 3 weeks, when the medication was down, I figured out that I could get upstairs by side-stepping my way up. It totally sucks. I hope you make full recovery and can get back to a normal active life.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                            Captain
                            • Sep 2014

I am getting there Jake. Yesterday I was able to hop one footed down the stairs leaning against the walls. Going up I had to go up on my knees, a bit disconcerting. Tuff part is making sure I don't use my foot. I was able to work on the plans for the next party boat, so that makes me happy.

Watching Run Silent, Run Deep. Nice to see a movie using a real submarine of the time.
                            Last edited by Ken_NJ; 11-16-2023, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                              Captain
                              • Sep 2014

From Wikipedia...

In the spring of 1954, fitted with a "dummy" rear fin, Redfish played the part of Jules Verne's Nautilus in the Walt Disney film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea where the afterdeck of the Nautilus was constructed on the deck of the Redfish for a scene where the captain puts visitors out on the deck while the boat submerges.[5] In September 1957, with deck and armament modifications, she played the part of the fictional submarine USS Nerka in the 1958 motion picture Run Silent, Run Deep. She capped her film career by making several appearances in the popular black-and-white television series The Silent Service.

When attacking the Japanese convoy with the encounter with Japanese destroyer, they did use a model submarine, at one point it looked like it was up on plane. And you can see the runaway torpedo being pulled by a string/wire.

Comment

• Alucard
                                Lieutenant Commander
                                • Aug 2023

Hi Ken, sorry I have not been on for a while after getting back from Florida, I seemed to have caught Covid, a mild case but I was not up to checking the forums. I'm glad to see things progressing for you.
                                I'm hoping I will test negative by Wednesday for Covid so i can go to my parents for Thanksgiving, hoping you have a good one.

Comment

Working...