• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    I'm a frig'n CRAFTSMAN, damit!!!!!

An artist is a freaking mental defective who smears chocolate on himself and dances around in the nude.

M
    Me thinkest you have the word Artist con fuzed with Ahrr-Teeste. The guys with the pencil mustash and gote's and Specialforces hats. They schmeere shawkolaht on everybody and do everything nekid. Artists paint nudes, and not just on canvas. Big money in, body painting chicks, at Fantisy Fest. Nice boat you got there, Now everybody wants one for Christmas

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock
      But on a (slightly) more serious note. Is there any value in considering a modified torpedo to represent the Russian 65/76 at 1/96 scale? The current 1/72 scale version is 7.something millimetres and a 1/96 scale version of the 65/76 would be very close to that but about a third longer. Possible?[ATTACH=CONFIG]30469[/ATTACH]
      A rumored big-deal secrete program going on at Keyport when I was stationed there in the late 60's was the evaluation and reverse engineering going on around a few 'found' Soviet torpedoes. Never saw any evidence of that, but sometimes the proofing ship I was on (AKL-17) had to clear the range when some sneaky-poo stuff was going on -- hey, we never *****ed: liberty in Nanaimo city was pretty damned good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0132.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	97759 Click image for larger version

Name:	019 (4).jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	97761 Click image for larger version

Name:	024 (3).jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	97762 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0011.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	97763 Possible sure, except for the length -- my launcher is designed for a specific length. As you see here, it's how you paint and mark them that denotes the era and nation of service.

Name:	DSCN0233.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	97760 The smaller unit is 1/96, the bigger is 1/72 -- I was experimenting with electric propulsion but found the weight of the drive sank the unit, even using capacitors as power supplies, they weighed more than they displaced. Damn!

M
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

David,
        What is the OD of the 1/72 scale torpedo?
        Peace,
        tom
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
          David,
          What is the OD of the 1/72 scale torpedo?
          Peace,
          tom
          Tad under 1/4", Tom.

Name:	DSCN0032 - Copy (2).jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	97764 Click image for larger version

Name:	060.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	97765 Click image for larger version