Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and expectations

Hello, and welcome to the forums at the Nautilus Drydocks, formerly Sub-driver.com!

We welcome anyone with a passion for submarines and a desire to learn and share knowledge about this fascinating hobby. Use of these forums indicates your intention to abide by our code of conduct:


1. No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.

2. Please post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.

3. Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after or without a warning.

4. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.

5. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.

6. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
See more
See less

New Trim Tank...can serve as BBQ Pit.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Trim Tank...can serve as BBQ Pit.

    Finally got into the running season! Damn you COVID-19!! (Shakes fist uselessly and for no real reason)

    I also realized in making this clip that it's my 25th Anniversary with this boat. YES!!!

    New Trim Tank test: USS SHARK SSN-591: Season Trim 2020-07-17 (1:48 DeBoer Skipjack)
    v/r "Sub" Ed

    Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

  • #2
    Excellent video presentation, Ed. And you did a marvelous job re-painting that old war-horse. Now... weather that sucker!

    David
    "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by QuarterMaster View Post
      Finally got into the running season! Damn you COVID-19!! (Shakes fist uselessly and for no real reason)

      I also realized in making this clip that it's my 25th Anniversary with this boat. YES!!!

      New Trim Tank test: USS SHARK SSN-591: Season Trim 2020-07-17 (1:48 DeBoer Skipjack)
      Nice job on that Skipjack Ed! I really like the telemetry system you have installed on that Sub!

      Rob

      "Firemen can stand the heat"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named View Post
        Excellent video presentation, Ed. And you did a marvelous job re-painting that old war-horse. Now... weather that sucker!

        David
        DONE!!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	141911
        v/r "Sub" Ed

        Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
        NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
        USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

        Comment


        • #5
          That ^^^ is how you get the natural scum line going.

          My neighbor's pond looks just like that... makes running underwater that much more exciting...

          And may I compliment you on the design of your trim tank... I tried the same thing but only one layer of brick deep.. I thought it would be enough.. and i had to move the bricks back where they came from!
          "It does not take so many words to speak the truth" Chief Joseph

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by a1965l View Post
            That ^^^ is how you get the natural scum line going.

            My neighbor's pond looks just like that... makes running underwater that much more exciting...
            For the record, a "Coney Island Silver fish" was spotted floating nearby. Doubt they end up in your neighbors pond, at least you hope not! But heck, it's 'merica!

            Who am I to judge?

            NY'ers, ain't we a hoot!!

            v/r "Sub" Ed

            Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
            NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
            USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

            Comment


            • #7
              Izzat anything like a brown trout? We used to see those floating in the heads if the toilets backed up.
              "It does not take so many words to speak the truth" Chief Joseph

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by QuarterMaster View Post

                DONE!!

                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	141911
                I thought the crew had the flu and all went topside to puke. How goes it, Ed?
                Casey

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by a1965l View Post
                  Izzat anything like a brown trout? We used to see those floating in the heads if the toilets backed up.
                  Nope....

                  Another hint: No glove, no love.
                  v/r "Sub" Ed

                  Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                  NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                  USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Das Boot View Post

                    I thought the crew had the flu and all went topside to puke. How goes it, Ed?
                    Casey
                    Driving 'n Diving! Couldn't be better!!
                    v/r "Sub" Ed

                    Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X