A Little Something I Cooked Up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Gato
    replied
    Keep in mind that the only travel needed to be taken up by the wires is the initial 1/32-1/16 of engagement to align the pins and allow you to then twist the wires-all other travel is absorbed by the distance the pins go into the female sockets-no need for any extra and stuffed wires...

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gato
    replied
    No Need-The housing now(after shortening the threads) only takes a turn and a half to close and tighten-that 1/2 inch of wire between the epoxy seal and the connector is plenty to make the twist-that's why I said line up the pins into the holes, now the connector holds position, then turn counterclockwise (that puts a 3/4 reverse twist in that 1/2 inch of wire)-now screw together and that reverse twist comes out and becomes a positive 3/4 twist that takes up enough space to allow the connector to fully mate being pushed in by the slightly smaller male side of the housing-The measurements are not ultra critical but you have to be close.
    Last edited by Bob Gato; 10-31-2019, 07:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Very cool idea! So do you have slack wire bundled up in there so that you can make up the connection and then stuff it inside to close up?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gato
    started a topic A Little Something I Cooked Up

A Little Something I Cooked Up

The voices in my head said "Pilot G-2" ballpoint pen...I was always intrigued how these pens screwed together with a VERY coarse angled thread-only two turns to open..

Produces a nice streamlined watertight screw together capsule to house a servo connector and I'm sure it will stay watertight past "crush depth" of most if not all of these model subs.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...65&postcount=8
    Last edited by Bob Gato; 10-30-2019, 01:35 PM.
Working...