X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Availability / WTB Robbe Seawolf V2

Just wondering if anyone knew if the Robbe Seawolf V2 is still available and where from too? Am after a basic dynamic diver that can be a good starter kit for a kid working with Dad.
    Have seen a few of these come up on Ebay - but was wondering if anyone spotted stock in a shop anywhere?

Thanks

John
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Getting more difficult to find now that they've been out of production for a while.

Might I suggest either a Delphin from Norbert, more money but a much better quality item (epoxy glass hull, proper stuffing box etc.). Another possibility is Norberts Skipjack conversion kit, which is quite cheap, and would work out about the same cost as a Seawolf if you build it a a dynamic diver. No more work than a Seawolf either, in fact it looks easier.

Third possibility. A mini subdog kit, which is vac-formed and costs about 60 euro from Germany.

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
      Getting more difficult to find now that they've been out of production for a while.

Might I suggest either a Delphin from Norbert, more money but a much better quality item (epoxy glass hull, proper stuffing box etc.). Another possibility is Norberts Skipjack conversion kit, which is quite cheap, and would work out about the same cost as a Seawolf if you build it a a dynamic diver. No more work than a Seawolf either, in fact it looks easier.

Third possibility. A mini subdog kit, which is vac-formed and costs about 60 euro from Germany.
      Thanks Andy,
      not for me - but for a friend.
      Do you have a link to the subdog kit?

Thanks

John
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Here is the mini subdog build thread-

It's not very well advertised, but you can see it for sale on the companies price list here-

Comment

• redboat219
          Admiral
          • Dec 2008

Looking at the pictures I was wondering, how does one access or service the BL motor if the motor bulkhead is glued to the hull and the mounting screws is not the opposite side?
          Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Look more carefully at the pictures and you'll find the answer.

Comment

• Slats
              Vice Admiral
              • Aug 2008

Thanks Andy

J
              John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• redboat219
                Admiral
                • Dec 2008

Found it...
                Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• HardRock
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Mar 2013

I have Seawolf 1 that you can have if you'd like it. Its assembled, goes quite well but suffers from all of the problems that version 1 suffered from. Its sitting on the shelf in my garage at the moment and probably won't get a run again while I own it. It has a bow plane servo rather than the original automatic bow plane system, several batteries and other bits and pieces. Pick up from Ourimbah.Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	91459

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                    Commander
                    • Nov 2013

Are you willing to sell your beautiful , but buggy Seawolf??...and, of course, ship to a Canadian friend??
                    Thanks
                    Kim
                    A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!

Comment

• HardRock
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Mar 2013

Sea Wolf 1

Originally posted by Kim Sleep
                      Are you willing to sell your beautiful , but buggy Seawolf??...and, of course, ship to a Canadian friend??
                      Thanks
                      Kim
                      Actually, I was planning on giving it away. You're welcome to have it if you think you'll get some use out of it. Doesn't have any "bugs" as such; just the known problems that were fixed in the Mk II version, most notably the sealing system which is fiddly.

I'll check the shipping cost on Monday. PM me your address.

Scott

Comment

• greenman407
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

That was nice of you Scott. er....uh....got anything else you were thinking of giving away??....I tell ya....I could use a few....................
                        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• HardRock
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Mar 2013

You guys…..!!!!

Comment

• HardRock
                            Vice Admiral
                            • Mar 2013

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seawolf 1 Plan .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	91850
                            Kim, Found this somewhere. Not as clear as I'd like but it will give you something to work with.

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                              Commander
                              • Nov 2013

Very nice

Originally posted by HardRock
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]28128[/ATTACH]
                              Kim, Found this somewhere. Not as clear as I'd like but it will give you something to work with.
                              VERY NICE...its going to take a bit of time to understand the "SERVOLESS" front plane control system.
                              I have found many sites that explain how to convert to a servo driver for the front planes.

I figured that the massive weight of the Gel-Cel would come in handy as additional ballast, while offering an almost unheard of capacity of 8 amps. Its funny, I asked about the whole am/fm control question in one of the sub forums and most wouldnt even consider using am. When I stated that rc Submariners had been using this band since the beginning of the hobby...all went very quiet.

Thanks
                              A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!

Comment

Working...