X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSBN659
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Uss tucson model now for sale

Almost 2 years in construction this model, base, and custom case are now for sale. You may have watched the build under my posts elsewhere on this site. The model is located in my shop (garage :) in Oracle, Arizona. If you are interested in owning this model, please send me a message.

Will Rogers
    SSBN659

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0763 copy.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	180287 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0760 copy.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	180286 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0770 copy.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	180285

Last edited by SSBN659; 05-23-2024, 12:46 AM.
  • SSBN659
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Two weeks ago we finally made a decision to move into a Continuing Care Retirement Community near our family in the Charleston, SC area. The offer to make the move came a lot earlier in life than we expected so I need to make a decision about the Tucson model because there will be no room for it when we move and I won't be making anymore models.

I'll consider any reasonable offer to buy Tucson with either delivery to a buyer in the Tucson area or with the buyer arranging pick up and shipping from our house in SaddleBrooke Ranch in Oracle, AZ.

Will Rogers
    SSBN659

Comment

• CC Clarke
      Commander
      • Aug 2020

USSVI has a local chapter in Tucson. You might consider contacting the base commander and see if he knows anyone who would be interested.

Comment

• SSBN659
        Commander
        • Feb 2009

Thanks CC, I will contact Mr. Ortiz, President of Tucson Base. Appreciate your suggestion. Somehow my original post included only 2 photos and I didn't notice it until I saw your note. I update the original by adding more above.

Will Rogers
        SSBN659

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

Beautiful build. I hope it goes to a good home.

For other here who haven't seen your thread, is this set up for full RC operation, or just as a display model?

Comment

• SSBN659
            Commander
            • Feb 2009

It's just a display model and I wish we had room for it at our new home but we don't. This display model of USS Will Rogers SSBN659 is the only one we room for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8485 copy.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	180330

Will Rogers
            SSBN 659

Comment

• SSBN659
              Commander
              • Feb 2009

Good news! I wrote to the local chapter of USSVI and they have accepted the Tucson as a donation. As it turned out an officer of the chapter who lives about 15 minutes away came over this morning to pick it up. He said they have a monthly meeting at a steakhouse in Tucson where they display several submarine related items and that is where the model will be welcomed.

Now since USSVI is a 501 (c)(3) organization, I could use an appraisal of the value of the model for tax purposes. If David and/or Bob would be willing to give me an appraisal, that would be great.

And a big thanks to CC Clarke for the tip about contacting USSVI!

Will Rogers
              SSBN 659

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SSBN659
                Good news! I wrote to the local chapter of USSVI and they have accepted the Tucson as a donation. As it turned out an officer of the chapter who lives about 15 minutes away came over this morning to pick it up. He said they have a monthly meeting at a steakhouse in Tucson where they display several submarine related items and that is where the model will be welcomed.

Now since USSVI is a 501 (c)(3) organization, I could use an appraisal of the value of the model for tax purposes. If David and/or Bob would be willing to give me an appraisal, that would be great.

And a big thanks to CC Clarke for the tip about contacting USSVI!

Will Rogers
                SSBN 659
                Figure $60 an hour, plus materials, shop costs, etc.

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• CC Clarke
                  Commander
                  • Aug 2020

Excellent!! I'm so glad this worked out for you! This sounds like a win-win for everyone. Your meticulously-crafted model will get a lot of attention at USSVI events - especially STEM outreach programs in schools, etc.

Comment

Working...