Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wlambing
    Commander
    • Nov 2020

1/48 scale Gato Class SSY hull and miscellaneous fittings; Thinning the herd

1/48 Scale Shipyard hull in gray primer. MBT flood ports and fuel ballast tank valves cut-out/engraved per USS Icefish dry docking plan. Comes with; 2-3/16" stainless prop shafts, OTW 4.25" saddles installed, 2 prop shaft "A" struts with Rulon bearings, an Engel Gato Class sail with 'scope shears, Dr. David Tanguay sail watertight lockers and cast resin radar mast, HR deck hatches & cleats, 2- Shapeways 5"/25, Mk 40 gun mounts. Plus, research pictures for USS Hake (SS-256). She was a "Barge Buster" later in her war life. I have had this thing for almost 20 years and just haven't gotten around to doing anything more with it. I got interested in Hake when I was asked to decipher her battle flag that was snagged up from the bottom of Long Island Sound by a fishing boat. Surprisingly, the wool material was in very good condition and the flag is now preserved. This hull also comes with 1 set of cast resin control surfaces and 2 Raebosch LH & RH scale 4 blade propellers.
    $750 USD plus shipping (US only).

I can't post pictures here but there will be a set added shortly! Look in the replies below.

Thank you for your interest and consideration, take care,

Bill​​
    Last edited by wlambing; 10-04-2023, 09:43 PM.
  • wlambing
    Commander
    • Nov 2020

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POSTING a/o 10/04/23. Since there has been no interest, this hull is withdrawn from the marketplace and will likely be fought over by ghouls after my demise! Harken to "A Christmas Carol", the liquidation of Scrooge's estate. :)
    Last edited by wlambing; 10-04-2023, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

Bill,

Don't be disheartened. I think you're at the upper end of value, and not having pictures is a big deal. If you can email them to me, I'll post them up for you. Could make a huge difference in interest.

Bob

Comment

• RCSubGuy
        Welcome to my underwater realm!
        • Aug 2009

Additional photos supplied by Bill:
        Attached Files

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wlambing
          PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POSTING a/o 10/04/23. Since there has been no interest, this hull is withdrawn from the marketplace and will likely be fought over by ghouls after my demise! Harken to "A Christmas Carol", the liquidation of Scrooge's estate. :)
          Know what you mean, Bill. My trail-camera recently caught images of Hyena's circling my sheds at night. They know somth'n I don't??... The end is near!
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albacore 569
            Commander
            • Sep 2020

Is the Skate SSN model in the photos adjacent to Gato for sale? Very Interested in that one.

Comment

• Das Boot
              Rear Admiral
              • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Albacore 569
              Is the Skate SSN model in the photos adjacent to Gato for sale? Very Interested in that one.
              I asked first. Thanks.
              Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• wlambing
                Commander
                • Nov 2020

Gentlemen,

The Skate (gonna be Seadragon SSN-584) has been discussed in a previous thread and is not for sale. Maybe someday, but not currently.

Comment

• Das Boot
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Dec 2019

Originally posted by wlambing
                  Gentlemen,

The Skate (gonna be Seadragon SSN-584) has been discussed in a previous thread and is not for sale. Maybe someday, but not currently.
                  Drat and double drat.

Comment

• Fishb0y
                    Lieutenant
                    • Jul 2023

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Know what you mean, Bill. My trail-camera recently caught images of Hyena's circling my sheds at night. They know somth'n I don't??... The end is near!
                    With all do respect, I wish you many long and happy years… but the second I hear you sneeze, I’m poking my head in your shop.
                    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Comment

• Das Boot
                      Rear Admiral
                      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Fishb0y

With all do respect, I wish you many long and happy years… but the second I hear you sneeze, I’m poking my head in your shop.
                      Knowing Dave like I do, I’m sure he already has plans, and family in charge of his property after the big adios. But hopefully, it’s a long time off.

Comment

• goshawk823
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Das Boot

Knowing Dave like I do, I’m sure he already has plans, and family in charge of his property after the big adios. But hopefully, it’s a long time off.
                        He ain’t going anywhere.
                        Besides, I’m sure his shop is booby trapped. :)

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Das Boot

Bingo, Casey.

You bums think I'm a tough customer?... wait till you have to deal with my kid/executor, Chris!

(Don't fret, my health is excellent, but I'm 74 and would be stupid not to have worked out a plan on how all these magnificent riches I've accumulated are dumped).

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Fishb0y
                            Lieutenant
                            • Jul 2023

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                            Alright Dave, you win the inter-webs award today with that little video.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Comment

Working...