X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coryhenry
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2020

Skipjack fittings kit

Does anyone happen to have a Merriman Skipjack fittings kit? I got ahold of a Mobius kit and wanted to put it in use.
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Originally posted by coryhenry
    Does anyone happen to have a Merriman Skipjack fittings kit? I got ahold of a Mobius kit and wanted to put it in use.
    Check with Bob. He still shows them for sale. I think he makes them up after you order.
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• coryhenry
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jul 2020

Unfortunately he is out and no plans to make more :(

Comment

• Das Boot
        Rear Admiral
        • Dec 2019

Originally posted by coryhenry
        Unfortunately he is out and no plans to make more :(
        In that case, go to https://www.rcgroups.com/boats-fs-w-104/
        and place a wanted ad.

Comment

• redboat219
          Admiral
          • Dec 2008

R & R Model Engineering has fittings kit for the Skipjack
          R & R Model Engineering welcomes you to our website. Please feel free to take a look around at our products, all of which have been custom designed and built to make your entry into the fascinating world of operating a model submarine as easy as possible. From a basic dynamic dive module to a full blown static dive system, operating torpedoes, up to a fully built, ready to go boat, R & R can supply you with exactly what you need. We can provide you with a kit to build, if you wish to construct your own boat; all the parts you will need to complete the kit with the minimum of fuss; and, most importantly, free and impartial advice.
          Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Das Boot
            Rear Admiral
            • Dec 2019

Originally posted by redboat219
            http://www.rcsubs.co.uk/revellskipjack
            Not really. No dive planes, rudders, WTC cradles that will work, etc.

Comment

• redboat219
              Admiral
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Das Boot

Not really. No dive planes, rudders, WTC cradles that will work, etc.
              Last edited by redboat219; 10-04-2022, 08:35 AM.
              Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Das Boot
                Rear Admiral
                • Dec 2019

I was just going to mention this article. Using the provided parts will work with slight mods.

Comment

• jphatton
                  Lieutenant
                  • Jan 2021

Originally posted by redboat219
                  http://www.rcsubs.co.uk/revellskipjack
                  I converted a Revell Skipjack using the R&R conversion kit, which was my first RC sub build.

On the whole it is a reasonably complete conversion kit for RC, using the Revell/Mobius kit dive planes and rudder and includes all fittings and a WTC with pumped tank and snorkel. I had one of the earlier production conversion kits, but the design has been improved with time including a polycarbonate ballast tank along with some added items such as magnetic hull closing in the nose (I made a similar setup using styrene sheet and small magnets). At some point when I find time I will try to post a retrospective build log.

Comment

• coryhenry
                    Lieutenant Commander
                    • Jul 2020

Thanks for the suggestions. I already have a WTC so its really the dive planes and the connections but it looks like the model parts will work so I will just build from scratch.

Comment

Working...