Anything I Can Purchase??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Sleep
    replied
    Thank you anyways, I do appreciate the offer.
    Keep safe and healthy
    Kim

Originally posted by Slats

Hi Kim

sorry don't have one of those.

Cheers

John

Leave a comment:

• Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by Kim Sleep
    Do you happen to have a driver for the Revell VCII by any chance???.

Hi Kim

sorry don't have one of those.

Cheers

John

Leave a comment:

• Kim Sleep
    replied
    John...like all the others, I have to thank you for your wonderful generosity. I now have a few subs Im slowly paying for (Im currently out of work due to the Corona Virus.
    Do you happen to have a driver for the Revell VCII by any chance???.

Originally posted by Slats
    I have come into this thread late - Kim I am retiring a couple of Merriman Subdrivers - see the for sale ad just posted... However, if you need one - I'll give you one of those. Just fix me up for postage (I'm in South Australia). Best regards John

Leave a comment:

• Slats
    replied
    I have come into this thread late - Kim I am retiring a couple of Merriman Subdrivers - see the for sale ad just posted... However, if you need one - I'll give you one of those. Just fix me up for postage (I'm in South Australia). Best regards John

Leave a comment:

• Kim Sleep
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

LOL. Save one for me, pal.

David
    Manfred, I think David will keep all your mysteries under his belt, not open to the wild public...he has far too many mysteries of his own seeking sunlight.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by MFR1964
    The nose in my ass don't worry me, but the inspecting part gives me the creeps, all my secrets reveiled, and in the open ready to be documented, i need a beer!!!!

Manfred.
    LOL. Save one for me, pal.

David

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    The main objective was getting a working sub, the rest of the functions at this scale was a good practice to keep me sharp, i'm used to build bigger scale boats which are dryhulls, those are a total different ball game.
    As for the payment, what suits you the best, installments are OK and sending off when paid the full amount sounds good to me, i can also keep her reserved for you if you want to pay the total amount at once at a later stage, your choice, let me know.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• Kim Sleep
    replied
    HOLY crap,you are right, something like this is worth many thousands. Its not just a rc sub, its a piece of technological art. AS I have made a deal for a Skipjack as well, can I also pay you in installments, and it only gets sent when I am done paying?
    you will not see this resold any time during my lifetime, it will stay with me forever, and I may even request that it is buried with me.

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    The nose in my ass don't worry me, but the inspecting part gives me the creeps, all my secrets reveiled, and in the open ready to be documented, i need a beer!!!!

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Wonderful presentation, Manfred. And you are most generous to offer this piece-of-work for so low a selling price. If the deal is made, it will be an honor to inspect and make sea-worthy your little 212.

(now, struggling mightily to pull my nose out of Manfred's ass!)

David

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Wow! Kim, you are an insanely lucky man.

Speaking from experience, a fully sorted, complete boat like this is worth multiples of that price all day long. Lights, torps and emergency buoy! Wow! Gorgeous!

I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    Kim,

First i'll show some pics of the boat, so you can see what you can buy,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1870.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	136159

First the model itself, looks like a standard type 212, but is not, there are some features on board.

Name:	IMG_1872.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	136160

Scope and antenna array are moving by using a float, so when you dive they come up.

Name:	IMG_1879.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	136161

Functional gas torpedo system, modified David Merrriman design.

Name:	IMG_1878.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	136162

Emergency Buoye system, power down your transmittor and the float will show were she is, 10 mtr line for retrieving if needed.

Name:	IMG_1874.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	136163

Name:	IMG_1875.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	136164

Functional navigation lights, feeded by optical fibers.

Name:	IMG_1877.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	136165

The SD placed inside, you only have to replace the receiver and the levelkeeper, i'll let the ESC inside, don't want to ruin the motorpack.

Name:	IMG_1881.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	136166

The SD taken out of the model, i'll see if i have the spare parts for both the model and the torpedo system

This package will set you back 500 dollars, if still interested give me a PM so we can sort out the financial part, so the wheels can start turning to David for refurbishment.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by trout

Well here is a video for us old farts.....
    We have t-shirts, other apparel and accessories! Click here for access to the store: http://snakeoilwillie.spreadshirt.com/Available for sale on CDBaby and ...
    LOL. Ellie loved it.

David

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Originally posted by Kim Sleep

I at least have my right hand, so my life is pretty much ok, if I didnt, holy cats, Id be a miserable son if a *****. One-Fingered typing sucks the big one, I gotta tell ya.
    Well here is a video for us old farts.....
    We have t-shirts, other apparel and accessories! Click here for access to the store: http://snakeoilwillie.spreadshirt.com/Available for sale on CDBaby and ...

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    212 is a great design and for an all around fun boat, you can't go wrong!

I'd love to see this project into fruition. Let me know how I can help as well...

Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...