Anything I Can Purchase??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Sleep
    replied
    And honestly, it would probibly be correct if The "Head Honcho" here could delete this entire thread, so I can EVENTUALLY hold my head up in this forum.
    PLease do so asap, I will be quite appreciative.I am quite embarrassed at the whole ridiculous thing.

Leave a comment:

• Kim Sleep
    replied
    Ya know what Bob. you are absolutely correct, and holy crap...now Im embarrassed for such a request, and therefore I do deserve a good solid Bast from someone as experienced as you are. A good solid blasting is quite deserved here.I dont know what the hell went thru my head when I posted that...whatta dip**** I am.
    I will pay more, and looking at it now that amount is so outta line Im actually felling bad that I made both Mr. Merriman, and myself look foolish, which was never my want to do. I realise that you guys spend THOUSANDS on the subs you build, and man...they look it...perfect in every way.
    I have recently bought 2 kits, but because of recent health problems I cannot complete (see the stuff for sale forum).
    I actually have MAD building, and ever MADDER technical skills, its physics that have let me down.I guess what Im trying to say is that I have watched the forums like a Hawk, and everytime I approach to purchase.....ITS BLOODY BEEN SOLD.
    I will honestly pay whatever amount is required, and send my kits to whomever is interested, as well as payment.
    Im now going off to hide under my bed, with the howl of derisive laughter ringing in my ears.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Good morning, Kim.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your search. I'll keep my eyes open for a "fixer upper" for you.

As an observation, however, finding a "completed" sub requiring just a bit of cleanup or finishing with a budget of $500 is unrealistic. There is an off-chance that someone may gravitate to your story and offer up a boat at that price, but being honest, the odds are slim. To put it in perspective, a new, incomplete cylinder alone will set you back more than that.

I was lining up the deck guns to give you a solid blast of reality when David posted up, so I'll switch tactics to a warning shot across the bow. Normally I'd tell someone posting up a request for a completed boat for $500 to find another hobby, but we'll get all hands on deck and see what we can do for you!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Kim Sleep
    Ok, Im going to try to ask this, and please be patient, because I have no real details.
    Im looking for a COMPLETED Sub or, a Sub that is in completed condition, that only requires basic clean up, or a few basic bits of construction, and/or some electronics.
    Im looking in the $500.00-$600 or so area.
    YUPPER, I know that Ive recently been selling a few units, but that is because I have a good reason to do so, and Im not able to build from scratch for reasons that Im keeping to myself.
    Im not a raging loon, and if you want references for me, you can contact Mr. Merriman, and I dont know if too many people can get such an excellent reference.
    Im in Canada, so please be willing to ship.
    Thank you in advance.
    Kim won't spill the beans, but I will: This guy recently lost a hand to illness. He's very much 'in the game', but has reduced capability now. Kim's a real guy, he'd build this crap if he could, but got a bum break. So, with that endorsement (was that an indorsement?) give serious consideration to selling to this guy -- he'll actually do something with it. If you're in a position to help, step up.

I have spoken!

David
    The Horrible

Leave a comment:

• Kim Sleep
    started a topic Anything I Can Purchase??

Anything I Can Purchase??

Ok, Im going to try to ask this, and please be patient, because I have no real details.
    Im looking for a COMPLETED Sub or, a Sub that is in completed condition, that only requires basic clean up, or a few basic bits of construction, and/or some electronics.
    Im looking in the $500.00-$600 or so area.
    YUPPER, I know that Ive recently been selling a few units, but that is because I have a good reason to do so, and Im not able to build from scratch for reasons that Im keeping to myself.
    Im not a raging loon, and if you want references for me, you can contact Mr. Merriman, and I dont know if too many people can get such an excellent reference.
    Im in Canada, so please be willing to ship.
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Kim Sleep; 01-14-2020, 11:09 AM.
Working...