X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kim Sleep
    Commander
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Kim Sleep

I have Batteries of various sizes,(altho oirding on EBay is quick and easy As well I have ESCs Angle Drivers (I cant remember what they are called, but you know), I have a few tail mixers, I have radios...I dont want anyone to be out any needed parts that they are using. I was collecting parts for builds, that can probibly never happen.
    Please decide the cost before you do anything, as I will pay before any wheels begin to turn..
    Man, that target is fast and fairly agile, but ****, that sub is amazing in its turning radius
    A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

I have Batteries of various sizes,(altho oirding on EBay is quick and easy As well I have ESCs Angle Drivers (I cant remember what they are called, but you know), I have a few tail mixers, I have radios...I dont want anyone to be out any needed parts that they are using. I was collecting parts for builds, that can probibly never happen.
      Please decide the cost before you do anything, as I will pay before any wheels begin to turn..
      If we go Manfred's route I'll receive the 212, survey it, let you know what we need and if you have it you forward the stuff to me for integration into the system. I get the thing operational and send it along to you. You spend the rest of your days singing my praises and tossing
      (you left or right handed now?)
      rose petals in my path.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kim Sleep
        Commander
        • Nov 2013

Holy crap guys...Ill be thanking ever one individually, later, just so I dont sound any more nuts than I am

Comment

• Kim Sleep
          Commander
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

If we go Manfred's route I'll receive the 212, survey it, let you know what we need and if you have it you forward the stuff to me for integration into the system. I get the thing operational and send it along to you. You spend the rest of your days singing my praises and tossing
          (you left or right handed now?)
          rose petals in my path.

David
          I at least have my right hand, so my life is pretty much ok, if I didnt, holy cats, Id be a miserable son if a *****. One-Fingered typing sucks the big one, I gotta tell ya.

Comment

• Aug 2008

I at least have my right hand, so my life is pretty much ok, if I didnt, holy cats, Id be a miserable son if a *****. One-Fingered typing sucks the big one, I gotta tell ya.
            I SOooo wanted to call you lefty. ****!

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
              Welcome to my underwater realm!
              • Aug 2009

212 is a great design and for an all around fun boat, you can't go wrong!

I'd love to see this project into fruition. Let me know how I can help as well...

Bob

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Well here is a video for us old farts.....
                We have t-shirts, other apparel and accessories! Click here for access to the store: http://snakeoilwillie.spreadshirt.com/Available for sale on CDBaby and ...

If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout

Well here is a video for us old farts.....
                  We have t-shirts, other apparel and accessories! Click here for access to the store: http://snakeoilwillie.spreadshirt.com/Available for sale on CDBaby and ...
                  LOL. Ellie loved it.

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
                    Detail Nut of the First Order
                    • Sep 2010

Kim,

First i'll show some pics of the boat, so you can see what you can buy,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1870.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	136159

First the model itself, looks like a standard type 212, but is not, there are some features on board.

Name:	IMG_1872.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	136160

Scope and antenna array are moving by using a float, so when you dive they come up.

Name:	IMG_1879.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	136161

Functional gas torpedo system, modified David Merrriman design.

Name:	IMG_1878.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	136162

Emergency Buoye system, power down your transmittor and the float will show were she is, 10 mtr line for retrieving if needed.

Name:	IMG_1874.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	136163

Name:	IMG_1875.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	136164

Functional navigation lights, feeded by optical fibers.

Name:	IMG_1877.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	136165

The SD placed inside, you only have to replace the receiver and the levelkeeper, i'll let the ESC inside, don't want to ruin the motorpack.

Name:	IMG_1881.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	136166

The SD taken out of the model, i'll see if i have the spare parts for both the model and the torpedo system

This package will set you back 500 dollars, if still interested give me a PM so we can sort out the financial part, so the wheels can start turning to David for refurbishment.

Manfred.

I went underground

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                      Welcome to my underwater realm!
                      • Aug 2009

Wow! Kim, you are an insanely lucky man.

Speaking from experience, a fully sorted, complete boat like this is worth multiples of that price all day long. Lights, torps and emergency buoy! Wow! Gorgeous!

I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Wonderful presentation, Manfred. And you are most generous to offer this piece-of-work for so low a selling price. If the deal is made, it will be an honor to inspect and make sea-worthy your little 212.

(now, struggling mightily to pull my nose out of Manfred's ass!)

David
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
                          • Sep 2010

The nose in my ass don't worry me, but the inspecting part gives me the creeps, all my secrets reveiled, and in the open ready to be documented, i need a beer!!!!

Manfred.
                          I went underground

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                            Commander
                            • Nov 2013

HOLY crap,you are right, something like this is worth many thousands. Its not just a rc sub, its a piece of technological art. AS I have made a deal for a Skipjack as well, can I also pay you in installments, and it only gets sent when I am done paying?
                            you will not see this resold any time during my lifetime, it will stay with me forever, and I may even request that it is buried with me.

Comment

• MFR1964
                              • Sep 2010

The main objective was getting a working sub, the rest of the functions at this scale was a good practice to keep me sharp, i'm used to build bigger scale boats which are dryhulls, those are a total different ball game.
                              As for the payment, what suits you the best, installments are OK and sending off when paid the full amount sounds good to me, i can also keep her reserved for you if you want to pay the total amount at once at a later stage, your choice, let me know.

Manfred.
                              I went underground

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by MFR1964
                                The nose in my ass don't worry me, but the inspecting part gives me the creeps, all my secrets reveiled, and in the open ready to be documented, i need a beer!!!!

Manfred.
                                LOL. Save one for me, pal.

David
                                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...