X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kim Sleep
    Commander
    • Nov 2013

Anything I Can Purchase??

Ok, Im going to try to ask this, and please be patient, because I have no real details.
    Im looking for a COMPLETED Sub or, a Sub that is in completed condition, that only requires basic clean up, or a few basic bits of construction, and/or some electronics.
    Im looking in the $500.00-$600 or so area.
    YUPPER, I know that Ive recently been selling a few units, but that is because I have a good reason to do so, and Im not able to build from scratch for reasons that Im keeping to myself.
    Im not a raging loon, and if you want references for me, you can contact Mr. Merriman, and I dont know if too many people can get such an excellent reference.
    Im in Canada, so please be willing to ship.
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Kim Sleep; 01-14-2020, 11:09 AM.
    A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kim Sleep
    Ok, Im going to try to ask this, and please be patient, because I have no real details.
    Im looking for a COMPLETED Sub or, a Sub that is in completed condition, that only requires basic clean up, or a few basic bits of construction, and/or some electronics.
    Im looking in the $500.00-$600 or so area.
    YUPPER, I know that Ive recently been selling a few units, but that is because I have a good reason to do so, and Im not able to build from scratch for reasons that Im keeping to myself.
    Im not a raging loon, and if you want references for me, you can contact Mr. Merriman, and I dont know if too many people can get such an excellent reference.
    Im in Canada, so please be willing to ship.
    Thank you in advance.
    Kim won't spill the beans, but I will: This guy recently lost a hand to illness. He's very much 'in the game', but has reduced capability now. Kim's a real guy, he'd build this crap if he could, but got a bum break. So, with that endorsement (was that an indorsement?) give serious consideration to selling to this guy -- he'll actually do something with it. If you're in a position to help, step up.

I have spoken!

David
    The Horrible
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

Good morning, Kim.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your search. I'll keep my eyes open for a "fixer upper" for you.

As an observation, however, finding a "completed" sub requiring just a bit of cleanup or finishing with a budget of $500 is unrealistic. There is an off-chance that someone may gravitate to your story and offer up a boat at that price, but being honest, the odds are slim. To put it in perspective, a new, incomplete cylinder alone will set you back more than that.

I was lining up the deck guns to give you a solid blast of reality when David posted up, so I'll switch tactics to a warning shot across the bow. Normally I'd tell someone posting up a request for a completed boat for $500 to find another hobby, but we'll get all hands on deck and see what we can do for you!

Bob

Comment

• Kim Sleep
        Commander
        • Nov 2013

Ya know what Bob. you are absolutely correct, and holy crap...now Im embarrassed for such a request, and therefore I do deserve a good solid Bast from someone as experienced as you are. A good solid blasting is quite deserved here.I dont know what the hell went thru my head when I posted that...whatta dip**** I am.
        I will pay more, and looking at it now that amount is so outta line Im actually felling bad that I made both Mr. Merriman, and myself look foolish, which was never my want to do. I realise that you guys spend THOUSANDS on the subs you build, and man...they look it...perfect in every way.
        I have recently bought 2 kits, but because of recent health problems I cannot complete (see the stuff for sale forum).
        I actually have MAD building, and ever MADDER technical skills, its physics that have let me down.I guess what Im trying to say is that I have watched the forums like a Hawk, and everytime I approach to purchase.....ITS BLOODY BEEN SOLD.
        I will honestly pay whatever amount is required, and send my kits to whomever is interested, as well as payment.
        Im now going off to hide under my bed, with the howl of derisive laughter ringing in my ears.

Comment

• Kim Sleep
          Commander
          • Nov 2013

And honestly, it would probibly be correct if The "Head Honcho" here could delete this entire thread, so I can EVENTUALLY hold my head up in this forum.
          PLease do so asap, I will be quite appreciative.I am quite embarrassed at the whole ridiculous thing.

Comment

• MFR1964
            Detail Nut of the First Order
            • Sep 2010

Be a man and carry your head proud, and stop wining about being embarrased, so, you want to get your hand on a sub for a decent price, i might have a solution for you, i want to take my zippy 1/96 scale 212 out of commision, i need some electronics from that boat for my Ko Hyoteki project.
            If your interested we can talk in the open on the forum.

Manfred.

I went underground

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by MFR1964
              Be a man and carry your head proud, and stop wining about being embarrased, so, you want to get your hand on a sub for a decent price, i might have a solution for you, i want to take my zippy 1/96 scale 212 out of commision, i need some electronics from that boat for my Ko Hyoteki project.
              If your interested we can talk in the open on the forum.

Manfred.
              Enough contrition already, Kim. You're good.

Manfred's right. And I would jump on that 212 offer. Our Nordic friend did a magnificent job on that boat and it would be a real prize. I'll make good on the devices Manfred keeps so you can get this beast in the water. Better yet -- you listening Manfred? -- If you do get that boat from him have Manfred drop-ship it to me so I can get it back into commission.

Kim, you're one of the Tribe. I ain't deleting ****!

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                Commander
                • Nov 2013

Jesus...I am overwhelmed What do you want for the unit in $$$$$
                Last edited by Kim Sleep; 01-15-2020, 02:47 PM. Reason: PELLING...sheesh

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                  Commander
                  • Nov 2013

Please strip as much as you can get out of it....Parts I CAN get...subs I cant

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                    Commander
                    • Nov 2013

IIs the 212 really this small in real life??

Comment

• MFR1964
                      • Sep 2010

Kim, don't worry, i do not need much parts, only the ADF,ESC, battery and the receiver, she will be mostlly intact, included is the torpedo system, have to look if i have some spare parts.
                      This will give you a good start, tailmixer stays in, you need that with the X tail, the rest will be your problem.

David, stop yelling, i can hear you from the other side of the pond, if he is in we can make things happen.

Now the next issue, the price, i want to do it this way, you bubbleheads can decide it on the forum, keep it normal and Kim can have this boat, every opinion counts, and don't you dare to make me rich.
                      You can put in your opinion untill next week, then we can make the deal.

Manfred.
                      I went underground

Comment

• MFR1964
                        • Sep 2010

Yup, i told you she is a zippy sub, but fun to drive, at least you will not hurt your back when lifting it out of the water.

Manfred.
                        I went underground

Comment

• Aug 2008

Kim, don't worry, i do not need much parts, only the ADF,ESC, battery and the receiver, she will be mostlly intact, included is the torpedo system, have to look if i have some spare parts.
                          This will give you a good start, tailmixer stays in, you need that with the X tail, the rest will be your problem.

David, stop yelling, i can hear you from the other side of the pond, if he is in we can make things happen.

Now the next issue, the price, i want to do it this way, you bubbleheads can decide it on the forum, keep it normal and Kim can have this boat, every opinion counts, and don't you dare to make me rich.
                          You can put in your opinion untill next week, then we can make the deal.

Manfred.
                          Excellent, Manfred. If Kim goes for it, send it to me for outfitting and shake-down, then I'll send it along to Kim. At the beginning of this video you'll see my 1/96 212 giving a target some major grief.

David
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                            Commander
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Excellent, Manfred. If Kim goes for it, send it to me for outfitting and shake-down, then I'll send it along to Kim. At the beginning of this video you'll see my 1/96 212 giving a target some major grief.

David
                            I have Batteries of various sizes,(altho oirding on EBay is quick and easy As well I have ESCs Angle Drivers (I cant remember what they are called, but you know), I have a few tail mixers, I have radios...I dont want anyone to be out any needed parts that they are using. I was collecting parts for builds, that can probibly never happen.
                            Please decide the cost before you do anything, as I will pay before any wheels begin to turn..

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                              Commander
                              • Nov 2013

Yup, i told you she is a zippy sub, but fun to drive, at least you will not hurt your back when lifting it out of the water.

Manfred.
                              Considering the way my body works now, thats a HUGE plus, thank you.

Comment

Working...