X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ir3aus
    Lieutenant
    • Mar 2010

Merriman Fittings Kit for Type VII

Looking for a fittings kit for the Revell Type VII by Dave. Bob has none available and was hoping someone may have one and is willing to part with it.
    There is a fine line between hobbies and mental illness!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Sorry, no longer in production. Should have bought one when the buying was good.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• ir3aus
      Lieutenant
      • Mar 2010

David, any chance you have the lengths of the 5 removable deck supports in your notes. I could probably measure them up but if you have the lengths it would help considerably.

Thanks,

Iran

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by ir3aus
        David, any chance you have the lengths of the 5 removable deck supports in your notes. I could probably measure them up but if you have the lengths it would help considerably.

Thanks,

Iran
        I think I can cobble some parts together for you. Give me your mailing address. dmeriman@aol.com

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• ir3aus
          Lieutenant
          • Mar 2010

I am at the point of ballasting the Type VII. The Cabal report indicated that you used 6oz in bottom of the hull as far forward and then 4 more ounces as far forward in the bottom of the hull. Am I correct in that you used a total of 10oz of ballast to get the boat to the waterline. It is not clear. I do not have the cast lead pieces from Caswell so I will be using lead shot to make up the weights. Could you let me know if the 10oz total is correct and exactly where the ballast should go.

Thanks,

Iran

Comment

• Minorcan
            Ensign
            • Jul 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
            Sorry, no longer in production. Should have bought one when the buying was good.

David
            Alas, all good things must pass. I’m in the process of building a new Revell Type VII to replace one that was totaled in a moving accident. Professional movers, I don’t think they are as good as they were thirty years ago. I salvaged the WTC but not the hull or fittings. It had a set of Dave’s fittings. They really saved a bunch of work.

Ir3sub, I’m in the hull assembly stage now like you. Good luck, show us some pics when you get a chance.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Minorcan

Alas, all good things must pass. I’m in the process of building a new Revell Type VII to replace one that was totaled in a moving accident. Professional movers, I don’t think they are as good as they were thirty years ago. I salvaged the WTC but not the hull or fittings. It had a set of Dave’s fittings. They really saved a bunch of work.

Ir3sub, I’m in the hull assembly stage now like you. Good luck, show us some pics when you get a chance.
              e-mail me. dmeriman@aol.com
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• ir3aus
                Lieutenant
                • Mar 2010

I scratch built all the pieces to put this together. It was quit an exercise. Dave did a great job on designing the parts for a sub this small. I have a thread on RCG under submarines that just show the problems of getting the rudders and dive planes installed. I will probably post the installation of the snorkel valve in that thread.

Comment

• trout
                  Admiral
                  • Jul 2011

Yeah you better! I will try not to push you too much! Build threads help so many!
                  If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...