X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwi 971
    Captain
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by trout
    I also see a couple of stitches in your thumb, ouch. Any great story to that? Like fighting a bear or disabling a bomb thus saving the world? or is it a ritual you do when building to truly put your blood, sweat, and tears into this hobby?
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    Three of 'em. An offering to the great SEAVIEW God. Not much to this pagan ritual: just get sloppy with the X-Acto knife when slicing off the superstructure.
    Nice try David but we both know that’s bollocks.......YOU JUST AIRBRUSHED THOSE STITCHES........……so all of us would feel bad that we were harassing you with questions about the delivery of our orders ….......good red shading on the stitches too man congrats ALMOST like the real stuff.

Grtz,
    Bart
    Last edited by bwi 971; 12-24-2015, 06:37 AM.
    Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
    "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Busted!

M
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Almost two year old thread, time to breath some life into it. I've assembled and trimmed the movie SEAVIEW and will be running it at our first show of the year, at the local JCC outdoor pool for the big Israel Fest.

David

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

David,
          I do not see bow planes like you have used in the past. Are you planing on adding some in?
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

David,
            I do not see bow planes like you have used in the past. Are you planing on adding some in?
            I'm doing the maiden run of this model this morning at the local diver training pool. No, I won't make the bow planes on this 'movie' SEAVIEW practical. I'm counting on the low pressure at the bottom of the stern to solve the 'pitch down' problem encountered on this design. So, only stern planes and sail planes as active means of pitch and depth control. Film at eleven!

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

Verrrrry interesting..
              so, how did it go?
              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Verrrrry interesting..
                so, how did it go?
                This first pool run was without auxillery vanes in the nozzels. I was hoping the pressure differential across the stern would push the nose up when cruising in submerged trim. Nope: the same dive-of-death each and every SEAVIEW I've assembled and operated has done without the vanes. So, on they go. Otherwise excellent turning radius, and the SD came back bone-dry. I could hold depth (barely) at a high bell, but when I slowed, it started to look like the first reel of the movie, 'Flight'. And I ain't rolling out of this.

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                  Admiral
                  • Jul 2011

I so appreciate your willing to create and see. Some ideas are hobby changing and others are not so much. The bigger part is you share honestly how it ran.

Comment

• Aug 2008

I'm loading video of today's cluster-**** to YouTube right now. Film at Eleven.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• PaulC
                        Ensign
                        • Sep 2011

David, how effective are the sail planes on Seaview? I would assume they are necessary given the size/configuration of the stern planes.
                        Last edited by PaulC; 04-23-2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by PaulC
                          David, how effective are the sail planes on Seaview -- are they necessary given the size/configuration of the stern planes?
                          Providing the boat is in perfect submerged trim and a pair of vanes (angled to direct the thrust 'up' in order to produce a nose 'up' moment -- to counteract the natural nose-down tendency of the design) are set into the nozzles, then I've found the sail planes to be effective in managing depth. You can see them at work here: https://youtu.be/DYVTNzmNIrM at 4:52

David

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Michael Laubach
                            Ensign
                            • Feb 2018

Great Build David! I am going to have to take my Teskey Seaview out of storage and get it running again. It was built back in 1999/2000. It is time for a full refit. I know that this sub is very difficult to get running correctly, but that is what is part of the challenge and the fun! I watched your video of the first outing. Boy, what a nice day! Too bad no one had any torpedoes to shoot across the target's path. Ha Ha

Comment

• PaulC
                              Ensign
                              • Sep 2011

Cool video. Will be working to emulate that.

Comment

Working...