Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Moebius Seaview Submarine

I occasionally receive a model from Mr Merriman as I supply him with the basic kit and he builds two models to work out all the glitches, and make Fittings Kits etc. We both get a model from this process. So, I have the Seaview. It's not a model I particularly like because it's fantasy, and it's too big for my pool and too nice to sail in the canal. So, I'm going to sell it.

It's painted and ready to drop in the Sub-driver of your choice, and comes with it's own wooden carrying case.

If you're interested, make me an offer please.

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

******, Mike. Why couldn't you have posted this up a month ago? I'd have taken it in a heartbeat. I just finished up a SeaView build two days ago. This would have saved me a helluva lot of work!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

My BABY!!!!!!!.......

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

M

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
        My BABY!!!!!!!.......

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

M
        It's very sad folks! When someone get's emotional like this over a plastic thing!

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Sold..........
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

I have been looking for awhile on what I could give my wife for Christmas, I finally decided to modify the Moebius Seaview to look like this:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Seaview_Pot_holder.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	111727

David,
            What do you think about the modifications?
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Seek medical help .... NOW!

M
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Yes sir. Will do.
                Lobotomy?

Comment

• Kazzer
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
                  Yes sir. Will do.
                  Lobotomy?
                  Cut lower - much lower! Send the model back!

Comment

• trout
                    Admiral
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Kazzer

Cut lower - much lower! Send the model back!
                    You wish you came up with the cactus planter idea and now you want the model back! Won't happen! It's mine, mine I tell ya! Whaaahahahaha

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

I hope u take the cactuses off before you sale. You might be a little bit out of trim
                      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• trout
                        Admiral
                        • Jul 2011

Mark,
                        As it turns out, Tina would rather have clothes, so this sub will not be modified into a planter after all. A little kudos to David, the sub is built real well and I was showing Sam the subtle shading that David did to make the sub details come out. Sam said "I thought that was just real shadows" - that is a complement. Too often people over do the shading or accenting details. Sam is really excited about this sub. There is something about this sub (and the Disney Nautilus for that matter) that stoke kid's imagination. I loved the movie and show, now Sam is interested. Sam really liked the details in the front of the sub especially what was behind the windows. He wants me to put lights in. That could be done, right?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Mark,
                          As it turns out, Tina would rather have clothes, so this sub will not be modified into a planter after all. A little kudos to David, the sub is built real well and I was showing Sam the subtle shading that David did to make the sub details come out. Sam said "I thought that was just real shadows" - that is a complement. Too often people over do the shading or accenting details. Sam is really excited about this sub. There is something about this sub (and the Disney Nautilus for that matter) that stoke kid's imagination. I loved the movie and show, now Sam is interested. Sam really liked the details in the front of the sub especially what was behind the windows. He wants me to put lights in. That could be done, right?

Thanks. As to the shading -- it was seen in the last seasons of the TV show -- the miniatures were refurbished at the end of each season and you can chronicle the changes to the point where you can say: "this configuration was in this season.... that look was the one it had in that season". And so forth. As such, this shading thing was only seen on the TV version of the SEAVIEW.

I'm currently working up a TV and movie version of the SEAVIEW and will detail that work in a WIP I'll present over the holidays. Here's a tease:

​M
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                            Admiral
                            • Jul 2011

David,
                            do I see a missile hatch to be opened? Possible firing a missile???? or is that just some extra detailing?
                            I also see a couple of stitches in your thumb, ouch. Any great story to that? Like fighting a bear or disabling a bomb thus saving the world? or is it a ritual you do when building to truly put your blood, sweat, and tears into this hobby?
                            Last edited by trout; 12-23-2015, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

David,
                              do I see a missile hatch to be opened? Possible firing a missile???? or is that just some extra detailing?
                              I also see a couple of stitches in your thumb, ouch. Any great story to that? Like fighting a bear or disabling a bomb thus saving the world? or is it a ritual you do when building to truly put your blood, sweat, and tears into this hobby?

Yeah, when Gary Kerr designed the movie SEAVIEW he got nuts and went whole-hog on this kit. It's in the same position of the open POLARIS missile hatch seen in the last reel of the movie. The provided little scale model of the missile, and a clear plastic exhaust plume are also provided. I'll button up this hole with the kit parts when the time comes.

Three of 'em. An offering to the great SEAVIEW God. Not much to this pagan ritual: just get sloppy with the X-Acto knife when slicing off the superstructure.
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...