X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deepseadiver
    Commander
    • Aug 2008

Neptune submarine light system and new improved conning tower

MY neptune improvments added my own personnal touch with the new version conning tower instead of a plastic clear dome cap scratch built project. David M you
    should be able to appreciated something like this because its hand made?

What do you think.

JIm
    Attached Files
    Last edited by deepseadiver; 01-13-2012, 11:25 PM.
    Put your mind to it. If there's a will there's a way!
  • deepseadiver
    Commander
    • Aug 2008

more pictures of the tower
    Attached Files

Comment

• deepseadiver
      Commander
      • Aug 2008

last picture i also have a video attached so you can see my strobe system working along with my new search light system all installed. A pool video soon.

Jim

illumination rating over 1,000,000MCD times two since i have two lights on both sides . Just for kicks they were tested down to a 1000 feet wow!!! How cool is that taken down in a rov sub by a freind that works for scripps of oceanography in san deigo, CA was a freind of Jacque cousteau what a incredible man he was .
      Attached Files
      Last edited by deepseadiver; 01-15-2012, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
        Welcome to my underwater realm!
        • Aug 2009

I like it a lot! Suits the boat and you did a great job building it. I love the lights as well. Are those homebuilt light pods or did you retrofit something else?

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

I like that you put your touch to it and it came out so well!
          Excellent!
          Peace,
          Tom
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• deepseadiver
            Commander
            • Aug 2008

thanks trout for the nice comment

Jim

Comment

• deepseadiver
              Commander
              • Aug 2008

Hi sub human,

I appreciate the words spoken from a true hobbiest that can appreciate home made projects
              the lights are from a vender, that builds them on the side for the neptune and helped me out with the lights only . I purchased the sub from a private person got a bad deal but i fixed the sub it works perfect now. Planning to post a pool video, soon.
              Jim

Comment

• deepseadiver
                Commander
                • Aug 2008

live Camera for the Neptune

PS Im looking for a camera that can hook up to the Neptune and has live video feed to the radio and i want to be able to record onto a dvr if possible capture what iv'e seen if i want to any suggestions would be great.

David Merriman, do you have any comments on the sub, camera equipment some type of video, feed from some glasses that can see live video. Maybe ran by a cable from the sub, to the vision piece. Polyphemus has the cable which i like but the viewing screen, is very small and the unit does not even record nothing . I need something better then that if im going to spend $250 or more. I can place any type of HD camera on top of the sub and go for a dive and hope i caught something good on video that sucks going that derection
                ok David the master of submarines, talk away im all ears and eyes .
                Jim
                Last edited by deepseadiver; 01-14-2012, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                  • Aug 2008

You've already got a conduit for the camera signal in the form of an umbilical. Use it. You can patch off the plug into your virtual goggles and into the input side of a portable recorder, now-a-days an SD card.

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• deepseadiver
                    Commander
                    • Aug 2008

Hi David,

this sounds great do you guys at Caswell sell the cable i need for the original camera cable connection you were talking about that the Neptune has up front, its a big fat round screw off cap.

I am just curious how the cable attaches to it while making a water tight seal, it's just a big hole once you open it up ? The cable is about 15 feet long if i correct. This way i can purchase the virtual goggles, and the cable which i think you do sell can you help me out on this one also .

best Regards
                    Jim A
                    Last edited by deepseadiver; 01-14-2012, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• Subculture
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

A lot of underwater videos are akin to watching paint dry- a camera fixed somewhere on the boat, and a great expanse of bugger all in front, aside from the occasional inquisitive fish.

It gets a lot more interesting if you can get a couple of other boats in the water, and track one another around the lake/pool/pond, the other thing that works is to put the camera in a pod/cylinder of its own, and tow it behind the boat.

Comment

• deepseadiver
                        Commander
                        • Aug 2008

Hi Subculture
                        these are great ideas you mentioned do you know how the viewing cable attaches to the front end of the Neptune after you take off the front silver cap were the camera is located and a cable comes from that area to your viewing screen of choice. I need someone to explain to me how the cable attaches and makes a water tight seal. Some suggestion or instructions would be nice to have

cheers
                        Jim
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by deepseadiver; 01-14-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Subculture
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

I can't give any advice regarding camera installation in a neptune- I don't have that boat or the camera system you are trying to fit into it.

Comment

• deepseadiver
                            Commander
                            • Aug 2008

ok thanks anyways subculture

David M. and Mike C you should know what i need to buy and how does the camera fit in the hole i have mentioned about how does it seal itself. Is there some kind of camera system lug set you buy to fasten and make the cable water tight .

Jim :)

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                              • Aug 2008

I've never touched one of those things. Can't help you.

David
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...