Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by KevinMc
    OK, since this is not my first run-in with an R136F receiver I went out and bought one. I've replicated the problem, understand it, and have worked out a fix. It is a compatibility issue, but it's readily correctable with a minor part change. I'll be happy to upgrade your ADF2 to correct the problem if you want to send it to me.

And this folks, is a REAL supplier, listening to his clients, and improving the product to suit them. The ADF2 will go far with this sort of support! Are there any other pitch controllers out there that can boast this degree of flexibility?
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Albion
      Captain
      • Dec 2008

im now trying to RX suggested by Andy. It still doesnt seem to want to enter set up mode, and its not showing an rx signal. But hot plugging it does work!
      Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• KevinMc
        Commander
        • Feb 2009

Unfortunately I've got no familiarity with the receiver Andy suggested, but if I had to guess I'd suspect that it was suffering the same problem as with your R146. As before I'm happy to correct the problem.
        Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
        KMc Designs

Comment

• Albion
          Captain
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by KevinMc
          Unfortunately I've got no familiarity with the receiver Andy suggested, but if I had to guess I'd suspect that it was suffering the same problem as with your R146. As before I'm happy to correct the problem.
          im going to video start up and email to you. the fact it hot plugs gives me some confidence its me thats doing it wrong this time
          Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Albion
            Captain
            • Dec 2008

Further to earlier problems, Kevin and I had been looking into the problem, and Kevin suggested some other tests, but the standard ADF2 was definitely not working with the Futaba or Hi Tec RX’s that I had. I got hold of a Sombra labs SL8 and that worked fine with the original ADF2

Kevin has subsequently revised the ADF2, and sent me a sample to test. You can see I have written a second ‘2’, so it’s my ADF22

You can see here me playing around with one channel driving a servo as pitch, and the other another Servo as failsafe.

Using the ADF2 and tilting it, you can see the servo moving to control pitch. By adjusting the controls on the TX you can also see the servo move, and lastly when the TX is turned off, the other servo moves over to its set point, as a fail safe position, success

So clearly the updated ADF2 now is compatible with these other RX’s.

Thank you to Kevin for solving this problem, its great to have a supplier who can give feedback in this manner, and update their products to meet these other RX’s.

Attached Files

Comment

• KevinMc
              Commander
              • Feb 2009

... And thank you Albion for your patience in getting this issue resolved!

A further clarification on this mod - All ADF2's going forward will come with this update already made, and should anyone experience this issue with a previously shipped ADF2 I'm willing to update it at no cost, just contact me and we'll make the arrangements.
              Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
              KMc Designs

Comment

Working...