X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reddevil
    Commander
    • Jun 2009

Capacitors for 280 motor

Hi from Madrid. My 1/144 SEAWOLF is fitted with one of older Mr. Merriman's WTC. It's gonna be almost impossible to convince the one that rules (my wife) to purchase the new one.
    I had to change the motor and don't remember if it has capacitors installed and their type, and due to this I'm having "glitching" problems with it.
    Anyone can help me?:wink:

Regards

J.C. Jorquera.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by reddevil
    Hi from Madrid. My 1/144 SEAWOLF is fitted with one of older Mr. Merriman's WTC. It's gonna be almost impossible to convince the one that rules (my wife) to purchase the new one.
    I had to change the motor and don't remember if it has capacitors installed and their type, and due to this I'm having "glitching" problems with it.
    Anyone can help me?:wink:

Regards

J.C. Jorquera.
    All our motors have capacitors on the ouside of the can (.01mf)

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• reddevil
      Commander
      • Jun 2009

capacitors for drive motors

Thank you for your quick response, Mr Merriman. But, How are they soldered in place? Is ti possible to have a picture about?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by reddevil
        Thank you for your quick response, Mr Merriman. But, How are they soldered in place? Is ti possible to have a picture about?

Two capacitors, each soldered to a motor pole and to the motor case (ground).

The picture below shows the two capacitors attached to a LPB motor. Not to worry, it's the same arrangement for the propulsion motor -- by the way, the Cap's are not needed on the LPB motor if you use Kevin McLeod's electronic switch.

David,
        Attached Files
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• reddevil
          Commander
          • Jun 2009

Capacitors

Thank you very much. It's good to work with the best.

Comment

Working...