Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

I was wrong. The drive is adjustable. I adjusted it down a tad. Prepare for after action report. The test run is tomorrow.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Ken_NJ
      Captain
      • Sep 2014

I have this boat that I run for fun. Quick n easy to throw in the water. Everything is stock with a 75Mhz radio. I'm using 5000Mah NiMH batteries. My problem with it is about half throttle on the transmitter, it always cuts out. Runs fine up on plane until I hit that certain point on the throttle. I'm thinking the NiMH batteries are the problem. Was going to get some 2S packs over the winter. What do you think?

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

No it doesnt sound like batterys to me. It sounds like the ESC. Take your receiver and radio and try it in another radio control vehicle. If it works fine, that only leaves one thing.................the ESC. You can get after market ESCs on Ebay, it doesnt have to be Proboat.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
          Captain
          • Sep 2014

I was thinking the batteries could not handle the current draw. But I happen to have another one of the same ESC someone gave me. Might not be a good idea to try the same ESC but it's worth a try.

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

What could it hurt? Ive had trouble with those Proboat ESCs before. The first one that came in the boat ,on the second outting wouldnt work. They sent me a warranty replacement. It worked for about four maybe five runs and then it went bad. The one I have in it now is the third one. I bought a ESC card specifically for it, to program it. For one thing it turns on and off the Lipo cutoff. If you get rid of the heavy NIMH batterys and get two of the 2s lipos of at least 35c you will notice a huge jump in performance. Thats if you get it working. Any water cooled Lipo ESC on Ebay of at least 60 amps will do the trick.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
              Captain
              • Sep 2014

Will give a go. Might be a while though.

I had a run-in with rocks on the shore as well. Repairs came out well. Testors Metallica Blue was just about a perfect match. Didn't replace the decal.

After body work

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Your Repairs came out well! I did the same thing, only not as bad. Ill have pictures and video in a couple of days.

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Ok so Friday I got this boat and two others into the water. It feels good to get out. So some of the adjustments I made worked out and some didnt. Adjusting the drive helped with the prop walk and we had some good speed. I just need to move the batterys forward some. We will determine If we can go to 6s from here or stay at 4s. As you can see I flipped it once, then twice. The second time it flipped over and rolled rightside up and kept going. That was cool! Its very apparent that the 26s hull design differences from the 29 translate into a boat that is easy to spin out in the corners(the 26"). That explains why they added the dual turn fins, to try to keep it on the water in the turns.
                  Last edited by greenman407; 11-28-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

So comparing the two boats side by side, you can see in the pictures the difference in the shape and dimensions of the bottom of the sponsons. The 29" Blackjack on the right has a much wider ride pad but the most telling difference is in the height and the depth of the non-trip chine on the outside edge of the sponson. That gives it more grab in the turns and helps it track better.

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

Here is the latest video. More changes upcoming.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPkvaXcx_c

Comment

• Enduras
                        Ensign
                        • Oct 2023

Hello from Athens Greece!
                        Hope you all are okay!
                        I have the same boat for more than a decade but it has been sitting around for 8 or so years and it's batteries are dead.
                        I am planning on buying some batteries to play with my little boy and looking for new lipos.
                        With the appropriate controller of course.
                        What is your opinion about this from Banggood?
                        XF POWER 7.4V 4000mAh 60C 2S LiPo Battery T Deans Plug https://banggood.onelink.me/zMT7/1t4mfjmu
                        I found a review on YouTube saying that they are very good for their price.

But also why does my boat has only one Deans connector???
                        Am I missing something?
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2023-10-04-17-36-34-83_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.6 KB ID:	174573 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2023-10-04-17-36-34-83_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.6 KB ID:	174574 image widgeimage widget
                        Last edited by Enduras; 10-04-2023, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Working...