• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STARK
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Nov 2009

AHHH

Is this where you post about Subs??

Just kidding newbee here to the forum, look forward to seeing you guys build subs, I hope to learn a thing er 2 about them.

Brian
    What one Man can do, YOU can do too!
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

I'd like to extend a VERY warm welcome to Brian. He is a very experienced model builder and has a wealth of knowledge to share. I'm also hoping he can help me keep Merriman under control too!

Welcome aboard Brian!
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Brian is one of the Grand Masters of the game as it's practiced here in the States. He's the guy responsible for the incredible detail punched into the 1/96 Type-212 hull master used to produce those kits now offered through the Caswell catalog.

Brian's finishing up a beautiful 1/72 STURGEON hull master which I hope to hear soon will be available for market. (Kevin's ready to do the glass work for you, buddy!).

Oh, and before I forget: it was Brian Stark who introduced the idea of using magnetic couplers to make up the linkages between WTC/SubDriver and hull to me several years ago.

Welcome aboard, Brian.

I hate you.

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Ditto,
        nice to have you in here Brian......now hows that Sturgeon going? :wink:
        J
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
        Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
          Ditto,
          nice to have you in here Brian......now hows that Sturgeon going? :wink:
          J
          What Sturgeon? Tell all!
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Slats
            Vice Admiral
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kazzer
            What Sturgeon? Tell all!
            Read David's post in this thread
            John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• STARK
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Nov 2009

Thank's I think, no really. It is nice to held in high regard by one's peer's, this is truly an all in one place to get your sub going from what I have read! I hope I can add some to the hobby, it can be so much fun when all the work and parts of a model come together to play with, and it all works!!!

The Sturgeon; damn John you like in that movie (Misery)"I your number 1 fan", but he is, and John has been one the best pest customers I have ever know, he will be the first to get one when done and I hope it is all he has waited for!!! I started the dern thing some three years ago, and it seems like yesterday to me, but it is modeled in 1/72 and should be fine representation of what the United States Navy used to keep me safe as a child.

The hull was bought from Dan Kachur (a Superb Model Builder) he used to sell a kit under Manta Hull's. I wanted to get back into the Game of producing R/C sub Hull's, and I wanted to due the Sturgeon in what has become my scale of 1/72, I started a build on a former forum I used to post on, and Dan contacted me about the build, one thing lead to another and I bought his hull Master. I have since re-tooled the hull and made all of my own Appendages for a hull kit. It is a good piece of work from me, and I do not say that lightly, now those of us that build and operate R/C sub's should know that we are a Special Bread, and a bit on the Nutty Side for sure. To answer John Never Ending question of WHEN???? I do not know, this is a labor of love for me, I am not locked in the Trade of being a Model Producer, and would not want to be because it is a lonely trade. But I will not copy my work until it is perfect, by this I will have others check it over, guy's like Dave, Adam, Jake, and Joel, friends that will give Constructive Criticism to my work. I am after all my best critic, but the more proof reads you have on your work buy Great model makers, the better it is if you are wise enough to take their advice!

You all know Dave Merriman, he is to be the man to do a Fittings Package for the model, all the cast resin appendages work he will do (and you know the quality there), so that leaves me with the hull work to do, Kevin is a possibility, but I still have a plan on a cast resin hull with GRP reinforcement. Any way some shots will come along here to see soon.

Now to help keep Dave in line, no way I want that job Mike, I rather be a SS man for Obama! (Secret Service Man) for you politically correct fa// guy's out their!

Thanks Again!!
              Brian
              Last edited by STARK; 11-05-2009, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Slats
                Vice Admiral
                • Aug 2008

Well I am not going to be calling you Mr Incredible Brian anytime soon.
                It will be great whenever it gets done.

Best
                J
                John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• ManOwaR
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Jul 2009

Welcome aboard Brian!
                  https://www.facebook.com/HMKcreations

Comment

• STARK
                    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                    • Nov 2009

John I thought you would get a kick out of that one!! You are the first I promise, and work will be shown soon!!!

Joel, so glad to see you here I did not know you were a member man, look forward to reading about your fine work, that Seawolf is going to be a sight man!!!!

Brian

Comment

• ManOwaR
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Jul 2009

Yep,
                      Card carrying Subdriver! I am more of a hermit that never comes out of the shop. My wife says that I remind her of "Baloon Boy's" dad. Gee, thanks dear...

Seawolf has been put to the side for a few weeks, I have been doing my best by putting together a Jack so that I can get some promo shots and a revised manual put together for my new boss, Mike.

I also am looking forward to the Sturgeon Brian...I want one!

Joel
                      https://www.facebook.com/HMKcreations

Comment

• Slats
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Aug 2008

Hey Joel,
                        good to see your in here too.

I have a date with the Permit commencing Dec 12.....finally should be over the big work weeks I've been doing and back into modeling at a good pace.

J
                        John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• STARK
                          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                          • Nov 2009

Well I have let life interfere with what I like to do for to long now, I just completed a Static Build of the USS GATO 1941 Trumpeter 1/144 th model. I have not posted in some time so here are a few pictures i took as I went along with the build, and in a contest.

Comment

• trout
                            Admiral
                            • Jul 2011

Brian,
                            Very nice sub. I like the extra details in there as well as the weathering.
                            Peace,
                            Tom
                            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by STARK
                              Well I have let life interfere with what I like to do for to long now, I just completed a Static Build of the USS GATO 1941 Trumpeter 1/144 th model. I have not posted in some time so here are a few pictures i took as I went along with the build, and in a contest.
                              Brian's an old friend. And one of the best model-builders I know. It is his work that refined and made the 1/96 Type-212 kits I produced such accurate representations of the 'real thing'.

David
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...