X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjdog
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

Bubbles from blow hole.

Gas continues to bubble out of the vent valve when the transmitter stick is in
    neutral. What would be your best guess as to the problem.

1. Adjust the position of the two wheel-collars on the servo pushrod. Moving the
    wheel-collars moving the wheel-collars aft to provide less vent and more blow.

2. Loosen the blow valve setscrew. Moving the blow valve aft to retard blow valve actuation.

Jack

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by pjdog
    Gas continues to bubble out of the vent valve when the transmitter stick is in
    neutral. What would be your best guess as to the problem.

1. Adjust the position of the two wheel-collars on the servo pushrod. Moving the
    wheel-collars moving the wheel-collars aft to provide less vent and more blow.

2. Loosen the blow valve setscrew. Moving the blow valve aft to retard blow valve actuation.

Jack
    Put a drop of oil on the vent valve rubber element. Test. If the vent still leaks, go on to step-1 above. If it still leaks, move on to step-2 and move the wheel-collars aft a bit more.

If the above fail, take a big hammer to it.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
      Commander
      • Apr 2009

bubbles

Got it, Step 3, the ol' Ford wrench.

Comment

• pjdog
        Commander
        • Apr 2009

bubbles

Little drop of oil worked. Save me messing with wheel collers.
        I'll keep that in mind for when I get my Gato S/D.

Thanks for the help.

Jack

Comment

• Aug 2008

Little drop of oil worked. Save me messing with wheel collers.
          I'll keep that in mind for when I get my Gato S/D.

Thanks for the help.

Jack

Good man.

First rule of trouble-shooting: do the easy stuff first.

Smart trouble-shooter: when he hears hoof beats in the distance he thinks, 'horse'.

Stupid trouble-shooter: when he hears hoof beats in the distance he thinks, 'zebra'.

David,
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
            Commander
            • Apr 2009

bubbles

It's always been my belief to ask for help if it's available. Never suffer in silence. If no help comes do the best you can a little at a time. No big adjustments. Lots of little ones until you prevail.

Comment

• shamrock
              Lieutenant
              • Jan 2009

wet boat

good man pj sounds like you are getting your boat wet.just like me spent years makeing targets .now whole new ballgame good luck trying to drive in three dimentions
              horse power by the hour

Comment

• plastic66
                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                • Jun 2009

Good for you PJ, asking questions is the way to go here. I am learning that as I am working on my Seaview. I had a problem with a part not fitting, so intead of asking what to do, I tried to fix it myself. Outcome: disaster, I messed with so much that I nearly ruined it.

So I took a step back, gave it break, and went back and situation resolved. Next time, I am asking.

Comment

• pjdog
                  Commander
                  • Apr 2009

wet u522

Kirt:

Yep, been getting the U552 type VII wet all day. Trimming a sub is allot of work. First it was bow high, then dove bow first and heavy, then the bow dove high? I think this will take time. Lots of trial and error. The snort works great, the ballast blow works great, the ADF worked but had allot of trouble getting it in the dry space. So I work that later. Had to make longer drive shaft couplers. Can't find a small enough water tight on/off switch in my one stop light town. But I'm going to hang in there. Had to mess with the rudders all day. That's a mess but I may have it. Wish D. Merrinam would get the fittings kit for the type VII, they are late. It's late now but I'll post a picture of the second days dives.

Tomorrow is my wife's birthday? 65 years young. What do you thing about getting her a type XXI with all the Caswell/Merriman needed components? Or should I go with a fancy dinner and flowers?

Jack

Comment

• Aug 2008

You'll spring for the flowers and dinner only if you have a will to live.

Congratulations. And many more for you and the bride.

And get off my back with the Type-7 work ... I'm dancing as fast as I can.

David,
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
                      • Aug 2008

Kirt:

Tomorrow is my wife's birthday? 65 years young. What do you thing about getting her a type XXI with all the Caswell/Merriman needed components? Or should I go with a fancy dinner and flowers?

Jack

You're not sure it's her birthday? You post her age on a sub forum? You want to buy her a model rather than dinner and flowers?

Well, it was nice knowing you. I'll guess your demise will be scissors in the chest, I'll put $20 on that.
                      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• pjdog
                        Commander
                        • Apr 2009

Flowers & dinner

Knowing that David is the RC sub god and all knowing, I'm going with the dinner and flowers.

Thanks for the help david.

All the fittings kit remarks are just little nudges. Your doing great.

jack

Comment

• Aug 2008

Knowing that David is the RC sub god and all knowing, I'm going with the dinner and flowers.

Thanks for the help david.

All the fittings kit remarks are just little nudges. Your doing great.

jack
                          We just saved your life, pal!

David,
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• shamrock
                            Lieutenant
                            • Jan 2009

glad to see you're still alive

pj,sorry for late reply had to go offshore gulf of mexico waits for no man.hope the wifes birthday went without a htch,see you're still alive so it must have.how's the running of the vii going?see you started on the gato.looking nice.i am jelous you have 2 subs and i only have one.working on saving money for my vii.maybe i will buy my wife one for her birthday.installed snort system in my gato.tested it in the neighbor's kiddie pool.will try real test this weekend if work will leave me alone.
                            horse power by the hour

Comment

• pjdog
                              Commander
                              • Apr 2009

Type VII

Shamrock:
                              Pray that work keeps bothering you. Lot's of Americans are with out it. Can't tell you how many of my younger friends are looking for work.

Finally got the type VII balanced. Was looking at the 5 dvd's on the Gato. The last dvd (5) had a blurb on how to balance at the snorkel level. It was easy when you have a idea what you are to do. The dvd's are so helpful.

Jack

Comment

Working...